Glen Mason's comment...

Teague was fired. Claeys ignored the issue.

Also, did Mason say he was joking? Or are you taking it as sarcasm?

Not really, after the allegations Kaler sent Teague a letter telling him to get help for his drinking, not to contact the women and not to retaliate against them (he also said the investigation is on-going). When the U released the letter, they redacted the dates (which is really odd).

Teague later resigned.

Yes, but he also wasn't very critical of how Claeys handled the boycott! He said that once Claeys was informed of the AD's decision to suspend the players that Claeys should have made sure that knew all the details of the report and brought that info the the players meeting. Mason said that he would have made sure the players knew the details and then he would have refuse to back the boycott. Any player that didn't show up for practice would not play in the bowl game. It is a good listen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And this is exactly how Clayes should have handled this situation with his team. He didn't and so he is gone. It is possible that Coyle and Kaler would not have given him all the details because of the aforementioned privacy issues but I would think at the very least they could have told him how ugly the report was. Clayes then should have taken that to a private meeting with the team and handled this differently.......

....but it's done now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mason's ability to say what he means ... on the radio and such is nice compared to our AD and all but I don't know that Mason has the skills to be AD. That's a job that isn't quite a coaching jib.

I think Mason might be a bit more reserved with his comments if he was AD.

Have you ever heard of Barry Alvarez or Associate Athletic Directors?

Yes, but he also wasn't very critical of how Claeys handled the boycott! He said that once Claeys was informed of the AD's decision to suspend the players that Claeys should have made sure that knew all the details of the report and brought that info the the players meeting. Mason said that he would have made sure the players knew the details and then he would have refuse to back the boycott. Any player that didn't show up for practice would not play in the bowl game. It is a good listen.

Are you sure you have that right? I thought Mason was a bit critical of Claeys on the whole boycott thing from my listen. But I could be wrong. My bad ear is the one closest to the car radio. And I seem to recall Mason saying Claeys was in San Diego for some Holiday Bowl events when the boycott took place.

Top Bottom