Glen Mason's comment...

MennoSota

Reaction score
"My favorite saying is: You don't know what you don’t know, which is fine. Then there are those folks who don't know what they don't know, but the think they know it. Those folks are the administrators at the University."

I have to say I completely agree with Glen Mason. He's nailed it on the head with the Universities administration.

I thought you were going to put the comment to Dan B asking him who should be the next coach and he replied with, "Me."

:clap::clap:
Glen hit it out of the park regarding this inept administration!

I thought you were going to put the comment to Dan B asking him who should be the next coach and he replied with, "Me."

Did he actually say that? I heard him say that he would be the best person to select the next coach, and then Dan kidded him about him throwing his hat in the ring himself.

Did he actually say that? I heard him say that he would be the best person to select the next coach, and then Dan kidded him about him throwing his hat in the ring himself.

I'll have to relisten to it. I was in the car with a two year old having a tantrum. You're probably right because that makes more sense the way he answered the question about knowing the challenges, etc.

I'll have to relisten to it. I was in the car with a two year old having a tantrum. You're probably right because that makes more sense the way he answered the question about knowing the challenges, etc.

Mason said he would be the best person to pick the new coach.

He said it near the end of the interview.

So far I'm completely unimpressed with all the names being thrown around as possible replacements.

"My favorite saying is: You don't know what you don’t know, which is fine. Then there are those folks who don't know what they don't know, but the think they know it. Those folks are the administrators at the University."

I have to say I completely agree with Glen Mason. He's nailed it on the head with the Universities administration.

Yes, but he also wasn't very critical of how Claeys handled the boycott! He said that once Claeys was informed of the AD's decision to suspend the players that Claeys should have made sure that knew all the details of the report and brought that info the the players meeting. Mason said that he would have made sure the players knew the details and then he would have refuse to back the boycott. Any player that didn't show up for practice would not play in the bowl game. It is a good listen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love listening to Mason on the fan. You can tell he is a smart guy. He was a good coach and had a good run at the U. I think his firing was due and wouldn't have looked so bad if the following hire was better. Think where this program would have been if it went from Mason straight to Kill?

Mason also said Claeys' tweet was really poor judgment. I heard the first five minutes of the interview and he did express he was surprised, but felt that everyone top-to-bottom has to share some of the blame.

I would certainly trust Mason's judgement on hiring a coach before Coyle. He wouldn't sugarcoat it. Quite frankly we wouldn't be in the bowls of hell had Kaler shut down his pride and offered Mason the AD job.

I would certainly trust Mason's judgement on hiring a coach before Coyle. He wouldn't sugarcoat it. Quite frankly we wouldn't be in the bowls of hell had Kaler chocked down his pride and offered Mason the AD job.

Mason's ability to say what he means ... on the radio and such is nice compared to our AD and all but I don't know that Mason has the skills to be AD. That's a job that isn't quite a coaching jib.

I think Mason might be a bit more reserved with his comments if he was AD.

Glen speaks for all talented people who work for nincompoop management who thinks they're better than their subordinates because they're in a superior position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

On BTN2Go there is a Mason video/audio file on the Claeys firing. He brings up that 70% of season ticket holders had indicated they would not renew based on the scandal and how it was handled. Not sure if if that was from actual polling, or Mason was making it up. IF it's true then I could see that alone as reason to hit the panic button.

http://www.btn2go.com/video/glen-mason-on-how-tracy-claeys-handled-boycott

On BTN2Go there is a Mason video/audio file on the Claeys firing. He brings up that 70% of season ticket holders had indicated they would not renew based on the scandal and how it was handled. Not sure if if that was from actual polling, or Mason was making it up. IF it's true then I could see that alone as reason to hit the panic button.

I mean ... was that some web poll or something?

Where does anyone get these numbers?

The department didn't ask me....

I know I was never asked. I'm less likely to renew today than I was two days ago.

Ron Johnson w/ PA...Ron gets the situation and sums it up perfectly.

Mason is not involved and has no idea what is going on. Just shows he is still hurt by being let go. Why would he be given the keys to choose?

Mason was joking when he said he would be the best person to pick the next coach.
He was not joking when he said that the current administration has no clue.
I heard Mike Maxx ask a great question this morning. He asked, if Claeys is fired for the actions of a few 18 year old kids, why wasn't Kaler fired for the actions of Teague?
Double standard?

Mason was joking when he said he would be the best person to pick the next coach.
He was not joking when he said that the current administration has no clue.
I heard Mike Maxx ask a great question this morning. He asked, if Claeys is fired for the actions of a few 18 year old kids, why wasn't Kaler fired for the actions of Teague?
Double standard?

Teague was fired. Claeys ignored the issue.

Also, did Mason say he was joking? Or are you taking it as sarcasm?

Teague was fired. Claeys ignored the issue.

Also, did Mason say he was joking? Or are you taking it as sarcasm?
Yes, Mason laughed at his own comment about being the one to pick the next coach and he then said "No" to Barrero when Dan pressed him on it. So, yes, Mason was joking about that.
Mason was not joking about the administration having no clue, however.

Top Bottom