Glen Mason

Gopher4life15

SKI-U-MAH!
Reaction score
Just got done listening to Mason with Mr. Negativity on the sports radio station that shall not be named, and he sounded very bitter towards Minnesota and TCF Bank Stadium. I had forgotten what an arrogant jerk he was, and now again realize why just about every Minnesota High School football coach hated him. So glad he is not our coach anymore.

Jury is still out on Brew, but at least he is a people person who relates well with coaches and players in this state.

Just got done listening to Mason with Mr. Negativity on the sports radio station that shall not be named, and he sounded very bitter towards Minnesota and TCF Bank Stadium. I had forgotten what an arrogant jerk he was, and now again realize why just about every Minnesota High School football coach hated him. So glad he is not our coach anymore.

Jury is still out on Brew, but at least he is a people person who relates well with coaches and players in this state.

Amen. Funny that the radio station that you speak of would have Mason on, figure maybe they'll bring him on and get some disparaging comments out of him, basically all they probably wanted.

Be more specific. What did he say that makes him sound bitter?

Just got done listening to Mason with Mr. Negativity on the sports radio station that shall not be named, and he sounded very bitter towards Minnesota and TCF Bank Stadium.

Bitter towards an employer that fired him? Get out.

I don't dislike Mase. His time came and went and he did what we wanted for the first 4-6 years. He hit his high point and it was never going to get any better. He also had some (not much) input with getting the stadium deal done. Like someone just said, the jury is still out on Brew, but he has set different standards and they are higher. Lets hope he and his team reaches their goals.

Mason had his chances and failed to capitalize on them. Time to move on. Same goes for Brewster. If he's not contending for a Big Ten title by the end of year 5, adios.

Bitter?

Listened to the session and "bitter" is not the word that I would use. More like still disappointed and probably saddened with the firing and not being a coach anywhere any more.

Barreiro was pushing buttons that in most cases Coach Mason did not bite.

One thing that I think would go a long way for him would be for a "Glen Mason Recognition Day" or some other type event at the new stadium. It's still probably too early for this given all the personalities involved but I think it's warranted.

He made it clear he will not be going to the stadium outside a work requirement...mainly because he would indeed have mixed emotions about it...some positive and some not. I think that's fair and very human.

My guess is that KFAN will post this on their site at some time and Gopher fans will have to judge for themselves.

Finally, he made it clear he lives here in Minnesota, loves it, and only wishes the best for the Gophers...including beating Cal. I take him at his word.

Finally, it was noted that Bucky is playing the Wofford Terriers this weekend. Nuff said.:D

Go Gophers! Beat the Bears!

When I was listening on the radio, I felt like Coach Mason was very disappointed and it hurt not being the Gophers coach, but not that he is bitter about it. I liked how barrerio was trying to get him to take a shot at Coach Brewster, but Mason would have none of it (like the flying to games in a helicopter, and I felt at the end he was trying to hint at the whole having people on kfan's radio shows). I laughed at his Barry Alvarez Twitter comment too.

I don't know that I completely agree with his non-conference scheduling philsophy of "schedule teams you can beat or are about even with you," and play the Texas' in your conference games when you're playing tOSU, PSU, and UMich. I like the idea that the guys have prepared all week for a very, very good team, as I think it will help later in the season. They have to be focused in their preparation and work hard, and by watching this good team on film, they might pick up a little hint here or there that can make them a better player (like Eskridge seeing something Best does and thinking, "oh yeah, good idea, something to try,...").

From a fans point, I like the chance that we get to try and knock off a top team, rather than throttling a LA-Monroe by 40 pts.

I thought Mason's take on winning (and continuing to win) in college football was interesting. You have to play defense, and be able to run the football. Kinda seems like Coach Brewster might believe that too with the offensive style switch and the "Pound the rock" talk.

Any mention of his daughter attending the University of Wisconsin?

When I was listening on the radio, I felt like Coach Mason was very disappointed and it hurt not being the Gophers coach, but not that he is bitter about it. I liked how barrerio was trying to get him to take a shot at Coach Brewster, but Mason would have none of it (like the flying to games in a helicopter, and I felt at the end he was trying to hint at the whole having people on kfan's radio shows). I laughed at his Barry Alvarez Twitter comment too.

I don't know that I completely agree with his non-conference scheduling philsophy of "schedule teams you can beat or are about even with you," and play the Texas' in your conference games when you're playing tOSU, PSU, and UMich. I like the idea that the guys have prepared all week for a very, very good team, as I think it will help later in the season. They have to be focused in their preparation and work hard, and by watching this good team on film, they might pick up a little hint here or there that can make them a better player (like Eskridge seeing something Best does and thinking, "oh yeah, good idea, something to try,...").

From a fans point, I like the chance that we get to try and knock off a top team, rather than throttling a LA-Monroe by 40 pts.

I thought Mason's take on winning (and continuing to win) in college football was interesting. You have to play defense, and be able to run the football. Kinda seems like Coach Brewster might believe that too with the offensive style switch and the "Pound the rock" talk.

If Mason's teams were able to play defense, he would probably still be the Gophers coach and have been playing in New Years bowl games.

And if she goes to Wisconsin so what? People bring up anything for no reason sometimes.......

Listen honey, I know you'd like to choose where you go to college but I have a sensitive former fanbase to think about.

Listen honey, I know you'd like to choose where you go to college but I have a sensitive former fanbase to think about.

I can't believe Mason would allow the BTN to schedule him for today's BADger-Macallester game at Campy Randall.

Top Bottom