Glen Mason on KFAN

I was not entirely focused but Glen Mason raving about Gophers. Mentioned how well coached they are multiple times. Said they are the second best team in the conference.
He is a good listen every time he's on with Barreiro.
Was also pretty complimentary of the play calling and said something along the lines of PJ has trusted KC to call pass plays and take advantage of what the MSU defense was giving them. Rather than just sticking with the running game like had been done in previous years.
He did also say that this was the softest MSU team he's ever seen.

He is a good listen every time he's on with Barreiro.
Was also pretty complimentary of the play calling and said something along the lines of PJ has trusted KC to call pass plays and take advantage of what the MSU defense was giving them. Rather than just sticking with the running game like had been done in previous years.
He did also say that this was the softest MSU team he's ever seen.
I did hear him emphasize the softness. Not that they are bad, just lacked toughness

He said it is impossible to defend the RPO/slant when the defense is defending the run first. We are collecting mucho data on whether that is true.

As was noted in another thread. he noted the WRs were catching everything that came near them. Huge difference maker.

He said it is impossible to defend the RPO/slant when the defense is defending the run first. We are collecting mucho data on whether that is true.

As was noted in another thread. he noted the WRs were catching everything that came near them. Huge difference maker.

The WRs catching everything has been huge. Granted, Morgan has been on fire making it as easy as possible for them, but we saw lots of dropped balls the past couple years. I think this belongs in the "use it or lose it" conversation that you mentioned to me in another thread (I think it was you).

We have seen Purdue in 2019 and Michigan state in 2022 if you want to play run first and the team catches the ball you get torched both ways.
The better strategy is to try to defend the run equal…
But basically that means you have to win 1 on 1s at the point of attack

The WRs catching everything has been huge. Granted, Morgan has been on fire making it as easy as possible for them, but we saw lots of dropped balls the past couple years. I think this belongs in the "use it or lose it" conversation that you mentioned to me in another thread (I think it was you).
TJ was great, but one can argue he had a crucial drop that cost the Gophers the West Division. Tanner’s first INT this year was a perfectly catchable ball. To your point, receivers catching the ball is a very, very big deal.

TJ was great, but one can argue he had a crucial drop that cost the Gophers the West Division. Tanner’s first INT this year was a perfectly catchable ball. To your point, receivers catching the ball is a very, very big deal.
Without TJ there is no competing for the west. With that said I was at the game and I just watched the drop on video for the first time -- that has to be one of the worst drops I've ever seen.

Kind of silly to lay the entire game on him not making one play. People forget he had 170 yards and a td in that game too.

Top Bottom