GLC

mailman25

Reaction score
Debating on becoming a member of the Goal Line Club. Is it worth the investment?

I am also considering joining the GLC. I would like to hear about some more experiences. Thanks Everybody.

YES, join. If you are worried about the money start at the lower level and see how you like it. Give it a chance. They have many great events. The recruiting party and the luncheons are worth it IMHO.

It's 50 bucks. You got 50 bucks? Give'em the money already.

Haha. Well, I was looking for more information from people who have attended some of the events and how much they enjoyed the experience, but I guess that works too.

www.goallineclub.com just click on the membership icon. It's quite easy, I actually just renewed this week. It is definitely worth it, the silent and live auction at the recruiting event are worth it to me. I have never attended a pre-game party at TCF as we do our own thing but it was a blast last year at NW. If I could drag someone with me I'd take in a luncheon or 2 as I am sure they are worth it as well.

I joined after the South Dakota debacle. Since I don't live close enough to take advantage of many of the events, it's been more of a way for me to contribute to the program. Dues went toward a new weight room this year if I'm not mistaken. It's a good way to show support for the program at a time when it could really use some. From that perspective, it's been worth it for me.

It's certainly worth fifty bucks. I don't attend many events for various reasons, but the ones I do attend I enjoy. Lot's of friendly people.

pretty simple deal, if you're a gopher fan living above the poverty level who wants the football team to win games then it is worth it. if you're not a gopher fan, live below the poverty level or don't really care if the team wins then you need to do the ROI on the investment.

great group, great people, great cause. I saved $30 at Gold Country the other day just for being a member, pays the $50 pretty quick.

Between the discounts and the events like the chalk talks with the coaches in May, the Meet and Greet with Coach Kill on Jan. 22 and the signing day social on Feb. 2, it is a no brainer. The club will have at least 20 events this year.

I joined about 6 years ago as a way to support the program but the wife and I are very pleased because we've met a whole new social group that loves Gopher Football. The cost is peanuts for the benefits. Some events that they provide for members: Coaches Chalk Talk, Signing Day (my favorite), Golf Tournament, Spring Game, Fall Practice, All Game Day Tent parties, Discounts on Creative Charters, etc. I'd say its worth it.

Do it, join! Best group of people around, fun events, fired up about Gopher football (even on the "bad days"). Great group for women to join too--Coach Kill will keep up the Women's Clinic this year, which is always a great time. Now more than ever we need people to step up and show their support for the Gopher football program, and joining the GLC, the premier booster club, is a great way to do it!

Go Gophers!!

Its worth joining, especially if you can make more of the events they sponsor. I've been a member for 4 years now, but I live too far away to regularly participate in the coaches' luncheons, etc. I do partake in some of their pre-game stuff, in particular their tailgates at road games, which have been great!

If nothing else, as others are saying, its a great way to show that you support Gopher football more than the average fan, and are more involved with the program.

This might be a dumb question, but...

At events for GLC members like tailgates, the meet and greet, etc., are there additional costs? Like is it still another $10 admission, plus costs for food?

It doesn't clarify on the GLC site, so I've never really understood how it works.

Not being cheap, just curious how it all works.

This might be a dumb question, but...

At events for GLC members like tailgates, the meet and greet, etc., are there additional costs? Like is it still another $10 admission, plus costs for food?

It doesn't clarify on the GLC site, so I've never really understood how it works.

Not being cheap, just curious how it all works.

Yeah, that is the info I am after. I can pay the membership fee and stand on the GLC plaza or just cross the street and stand in the MAC plaza. I need to be able to sell the sizzle to my cohorts and explain why it'll be better up the GLC. I would enjoy playing bean bags for cash wagers.

I believe there is a cost for the pre-game tailgate, $10 rings a bell but I have only attended on the road. And I was a little "foggy" from the night before to remember what we paid but it included food and beer.

As a Maroon member, which entails the $50 membership donation, you do have to pay for the events like the tailgating and the Friday luncheons. If you take the plunge and join with a Gold membership ($350), you get one free admission for each of the 5 luncheons and each of the tailgates and the members-only chalk talks.

Here's a link to the GLC website with a table showing the different benefits.

http://www.goallineclub.com/pages/member_signup.php

Join us!

Go Gophers!!!

Yeah, that is the info I am after. I can pay the membership fee and stand on the GLC plaza or just cross the street and stand in the MAC plaza. I need to be able to sell the sizzle to my cohorts and explain why it'll be better up the GLC. I would enjoy playing bean bags for cash wagers.

an email to [email protected] would get you all the info you are looking for and probably more.

Top Bottom