Gjere...anyone else notice this?

Hooligan119th

Reaction score
I just noticed the last couple of days that Gjere fell off the rivals top 100, and then I believe just today they took him off the top 250. Still a 4 star, but dropped down to a 5.8 from a 6.0 I believe?

I don't really care because once he learns football, I can see him in the....gulp.....Joe Thomas mold. Big, Lean, and athletic LT. ...Gotta think he has some attitude too if he is a hockey player in MN.

Not to beat a dead horse, but if he had signed with OSU, he would probably have moved up in the rankings.

I just noticed the last couple of days that Gjere fell off the rivals top 100, and then I believe just today they took him off the top 250. Still a 4 star, but dropped down to a 5.8 from a 6.0 I believe?

I don't really care because once he learns football, I can see him in the....gulp.....Joe Thomas mold. Big, Lean, and athletic LT. ...Gotta think he has some attitude too if he is a hockey player in MN.

You are partially correct. He was dropped from the Rivals 100 but is still in the Rivals 250. He is rated 143 right now. I'll take the 143rd rated player in the country any day of the week. 3 years ago this board would have multiple threads every week talking about getting a commitment from a recruit of this magnitude. Today its almost like "Ho hum, another in-state 4 star commit. Brew what have you done for me lately?"

You are partially correct. He was dropped from the Rivals 100 but is still in the Rivals 250. He is rated 143 right now. I'll take the 143rd rated player in the country any day of the week. 3 years ago this board would have multiple threads every week talking about getting a commitment from a recruit of this magnitude. Today its almost like "Ho hum, another in-state 4 star commit. Brew what have you done for me lately?"

Please learn to read. The OP is correctly criticizing the fact Gjere fell from #67 to #143 for no reason and without taking a snap. This has nothing to do with Brewster. It has to do with the BS rivals recruiting rankings. Also, the second poster is correct, if Gjere signed with OSU, he would probably have moved up. It is not acceptable to "take what we can get" because we are Minnesota. It is only acceptable to demand every slot in the rankings we deserve, as these posters are trying to do.

Please learn to read. The OP is correctly criticizing the fact Gjere fell from #67 to #143 for no reason and without taking a snap. This has nothing to do with Brewster. It has to do with the BS rivals recruiting rankings. Also, the second poster is correct, if Gjere signed with OSU, he would probably have moved up. It is not acceptable to "take what we can get" because we are Minnesota. It is only acceptable to demand every slot in the rankings we deserve, as these posters are trying to do.

Hey Mr. Board Police, I wasn't ripping the OP. Just making a somewhat related comment about how we've become spoiled on the recruiting front by Brew. I'm not sure how you can connect my comment to ripping on his comment. Also, I do agree with the posters about how our recruits rankings tend to go down throughout the year while ratings for recruits from teams like TOSU tend to go up. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass before you comment the next time. End of rant.

I agree. I don't know how he thought you were ripping that other post.

I could care less whether he dropped or not. Do you think the gopher coaching staff likes him anyless this week than last week because of what some guy who likely never coached a down of college football in his life says. Take these rankings with a grain of salt. The college coaches seemed to always do fine finding the talent long before these fantasy football type writers/evaluators created a industry for themselves with these recruiting sites. I find it interesting that Rivals doesn't actively and easily show who all their evaluators are and what their experience and qualifications are, could it be that many aren't really qualified experts.

Word is he had a poor showing at a camp this summer where he went up against other top players in the nation. No worries.

Are you sugesting that this precipitous drop in rank has to do with actual on field performance and not due to verballing to MN??? Gasp!!!!

I feel better now, L.E.S. was setting in!

Word is he had a poor showing at a camp this summer where he went up against other top players in the nation. No worries.

Ditto. This is most likely the reason for the drop.

If you click on this link, and watch the 2nd video, that is, "AMP: Top Gun impressive linemen," you will hear the commentary that explains their reasoning. Basically, what it boils down to is that he is not used to facing this type of strength and speed, and he thought he could bring the same type of game against them that he can against the typical HS comp he faces. Consider it more of a learning experience for him than anything else - he now knows what he has to do, and how much he has to improve, to be a quality starter for a Big Ten team.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the rankings drop, just positing their reasoning behind it.

Ditto. This is most likely the reason for the drop.

If you click on this link, and watch the 2nd video, that is, "AMP: Top Gun impressive linemen," you will hear the commentary that explains their reasoning. Basically, what it boils down to is that he is not used to facing this type of strength and speed, and he thought he could bring the same type of game against them that he can against the typical HS comp he faces. Consider it more of a learning experience for him than anything else - he now knows what he has to do, and how much he has to improve, to be a quality starter for a Big Ten team.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the rankings drop, just positing their reasoning behind it.

This makes sense to me.

Top Bottom