Give me one good reason ....

Gophs

Reaction score
.... Why I should renew my season tickets next year.

I can't believe how this program is in such shambles. Was it this bad with Wacker? Salem? etc..? With Stoudemire's suspension, it shows me that Brewster has completely lost this team, and the team leadership is a joke. A lot of people rip on Weber because of his quarterback ability. They should really be ripping on his leadership ability.

I spend a lot of money for season tickets, and it's been a waste the last three years. The Northwestern game will be my last game at the Bank unless Brewster is gone and they hire the right coach.

I'm expect some backlash from this thread. But I'm sure I'm not alone in my feelings. I'm just vocal about it. I really don't see one positive thing about this program. I want to believe that it will turn a corner. But we have hit rock bottom, and I won't believe anyone who honestly thinks this program will ever get better until the university gets serious about their football program.

I'm sick of it.

.... Why I should renew my season tickets next year.

You know, being a fan, cheering on the home team in the fall weather, the atmosphere, etc... can all lead to fun. Blowing games can take from the fun. You have to ask yourself what's more important -- seeing a win, or experiencing game day. You can see a win on TV, or shut it off and go rake if we're getting routed.

From another perspective, if you're not happy -- give them up. I'd rather have a cheering fan at the game than someone sitting on their hands sputtering about problems.

The people, tailgating, the fall weather, the awesome stadium, college football. Are those reasons good enough for you? As bad as we've been, if I lived closer I would have season tickets in a heartbeat. Those things outweigh us being bad in my opinion.

Please do not renew your tickets. There are no reasons to renew them if you haven't enjoyed them.

I guess I'm just frustrated. Maybe it's this weather. I just want to stop reading about players getting suspended, playing not to get blown out and losing to South Dakota State.

I do love the experience of college football, the tailgating, etc.... But it's such a letdown to see a team get out-coached and under perform every week.

I'll back myself away from the cliff. But I just wish in the worst way, the Gophers could earn back my respect.

The Gophers sucked vs. USD played average vs. USC - they haven't gave me a lot to cheer about.

But, I am still already excited just thinking that on Saturday I get to go back to TCF Bank Stadium! I am not going to beg you renew your tickets, you don't want to go, don't buy them!

The Gophers sucked vs. USD played average vs. USC - they haven't gave me a lot to cheer about.

But, I am still already excited just thinking that on Saturday I get to go back to TCF Bank Stadium! I am not going to beg you renew your tickets, you don't want to go, don't buy them!

This is pretty much were I stand.. About Wednesday of every home game week I start gettin' the maroon and gold buzz flowing through my veins again, despite our current woes.

Question.. How much do you pay for your tickets, Gophs?

You should renew (and all recruits should note) that the Gophers will improve - if not with Brew, which will be evident by the end of the season, then with the next coach. This time Bruininks and Maturi will not go cheap - they'll shell out for a name coach because too much is at stake financially to let the program slide now. If Brew's team wins some big games and shows improvement in Big Ten play, he'll be back. If not, someone better will be at the helm. The program won't slip. Next year will be better. Keep the faith.

This is pretty much were I stand.. About Wednesday of every home game week I start gettin' the maroon and gold buzz flowing through my veins again, despite our current woes.

Question.. How much do you pay for your tickets, Gophs?

My tickets, including parking and U donation, is around $600 for the season.

My tickets, including parking and U donation, is around $600 for the season.

And just now you feel that you should be getting a better value for your dollar???

someone once told me "without losers there would be no winners. thanks for making me a winner."

you continue to renew because at some point in time we will be winners.

Because in college football, without a rich owner, the program has to make its own money. By not renewing, you're depriving the program of resources it needs to improve.

This seems to be a recurring theme with a lot of fans lately. I suspect it must have something to do with the Twin Cities being a pro sports market. That mentality seems to have taken hold of everything. In college sports, IMHO, you support your school's teams win or lose. You support your school through thick and thin.

Agreed

Because in college football, without a rich owner, the program has to make its own money. By not renewing, you're depriving the program of resources it needs to improve.

This seems to be a recurring theme with a lot of fans lately. I suspect it must have something to do with the Twin Cities being a pro sports market. That mentality seems to have taken hold of everything. In college sports, IMHO, you support your school's teams win or lose. You support your school through thick and thin.

+1

I wouldn't renew if you need the program to win now to feel that your investment is worth it.

If I were living in the Twin Cities, I'd be an the Bank every game day to soak in the atmosphere and to support an institution that has shaped my life. The wins and losses are just flavor. I'd love if the Bank sold out every year with fans that love the 'U,' hate to lose, and are steadfast in their support.

For example, what makes the Minnesota Twins' run this 2010 season extra sweet is the memory of those teams in the mid-90s that were awful.

+1

I wouldn't renew if you need the program to win now to feel that your investment is worth it.

If I were living in the Twin Cities, I'd be an the Bank every game day to soak in the atmosphere and to support an institution that has shaped my life. The wins and losses are just flavor. I'd love if the Bank sold out every year with fans that love the 'U,' hate to lose, and are steadfast in their support.

For example, what makes the Minnesota Twins' run this 2010 season extra sweet is the memory of those teams in the mid-90s that were awful.

And that were facing contraction. o_O

Don't renew, I'm guessing you won't be missed.

I think there's something to be said for sticking with the program and watching games that make you want to pull your hair out that makes it all the more sweet when things finally do turn around. That said, I still enjoy going to the games now in spite of losing outcomes because I absolutely love the setting and atmosphere on campus, and want to be a part of that as much as I can. I had season tix as a student from 1995-1999 in the Metrodump, so perhaps I'm more appreciative of atmosphere than some.

I am the same way. Granted I am a student so the economics of my ticket are much different. Still, every Wednesday/Thursday I start looking forward to the entire gameday experience of that weekend. Especially this year when every single home game going forward means something- whether it is winning homecoming, a rivalry game, or knocking off a top10 team, any single victory we earn at TCF will be sweet regardless of our overall record.

For me, I have never considered not renewing. I would renew if we went winless this season. I love college football and I'm a Gopher fan. Heck, I have a username and over 700 posts on some obscure website called Gopherhole where me and some other Gopher nerds debate the same topic over and over again. I love the Gophers and I want them to win, we might disagree on how to achieve that goal (fire Brew, keep Brew, bench Weber, hire hohensee, etc.) but in the end i'll always root for the Gophs.

If you really don't feel like it's worth your time or money, then I wouldn't renew.

I actually just upped my number of season tickets to 5. I'm looking forward to the potential of our young players. I think this program can be very successful in the future and I can't wait to be there to see it.

You should renew your tickets because like me you got a huge amount of enjoyment out of watching the USC game (even though the Gophers lost) and you just can't wait to see Nebraska play in Gophers Stadium for the first time. And, of course, you will want to be there anytime the Gophers manage to beat Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, or Nebraska. You know you will feel like crap if you are not there to share those victories with your family and friends.

Give me one good reason we should give you one good reason..

College Sports

Following your favorite college team is about the experience not about the result. The atmosphere created by the campus, the band, the cheerleaders, cooking out, having a beverage or two, etc is what it is all about. Obviously it would be even more fun to win but going to the games on Saturdays in the fall is a tradition in my household and I would not give it up for anything. A pro team on the other hand if they lose I don't go, or I cheer for a different pro team in town.

I think of it like being a Cubs fan, I really enjoy drinking outside in a great stadium on a Saturday afternoon. My team losses most of the time but I still have fun. (Plus it's even easier to get the booze inside TCF this year!) If you don't enjoy being outdoors and can't create your own fun, you're in trouble this year.

I do think there will be a fair number of season ticket holders that will be waiting to see who the head coach is before making the decision of whether to renew or not.

Obviously you should renew so you can hang out and have a few cocktails tailgating with BW and myself every Saturday. :drink:

Top Bottom