Give me a reason to watch the next 6 games.

Give me a reason to watch the next 6 games.

4 ranked teams to watch. Going against tough competition can hone the squad for those last 4 games. Rutgers is going to pay!!
Correct me if I am wrong, but Gophers are 4-0 all time against the Scarlet Knights.

When Murphy was not in the game yesterday, our offense positioned all 5 guys at the 3 point line with nobody cutting through the lane at all. The high screens designed to give Mason room to penetrate were a failure, so we were forced to launch another 3 pointer. What the hell kind of offense never tries to get it inside the 3 point line with passing?

An offense that's coached by a horrible coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they just won another National Championship!!

As bad as this year is, it is still tons better than Tubby's last year as coach. Tubby's team blew a game in the last minute yesterday too. Plus...this is part of Pitino's plan....he tried to win in year 1 for the sake of all those juniors and seniors. I think everyone would agree that the NIT Championship makes it worth it. They've played better the last three games...I see improvement!!

Still tons better than Tubby's last year? Are you insane?

the feined outrage is getting old guys. It was fun and almost legititmate when we were getting blown out, but the reaction to the last couple games is just over the top IMO. This is a BAD, YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED, team without DEPTH. We are going to lose more games like this before we win games like this.

We've been though seasons with upperclassmen who have pissed away games worse than today. Quit acting like this is new territory. If this loss makes you not want to watch Gopher basketball then I'm not sure why you are still here to begin with or why you ever started.

It's not the fact that we lost this one game. I've watched almost every game for 25 + years. And no, I'm not going to stop. But the next 6 games have almost zero appeal, because we have little/no realistic chance to win any of them. This is officially worse than 06-07.

We have not been through this before. This is the worst team in my lifetime. I wish we could all wear the rose-colored glasses, but it's pretty tough at the moment. The Rutgers games will be epic in their own way though...

Support the players...they deserve that much. I saw a lot of effort the past few games out of guys that were playing HS ball last year. Does anyone really think these guys like to lose?? They need our support now more than ever. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on board with this guy

Support the players...they deserve that much. I saw a lot of effort the past few games out of guys that were playing HS ball last year. Does anyone really think these guys like to lose?? They need our support now more than ever. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or gal...I shouldn't assume

Because you can't find anyone to give your tickets too.
This is, in fact, true.
I am trying to figure out how the game against Purdue is going to be bearable. I'm starting to have nightmares about A.J. Hammond. But then, so is Joey King, I'm sure.
So that's why. Moral support.

Can you tell me a style of play that is fun to watch when played by a bad team? Is there any way to play uptempo with a team that consistently loses the rebounding battle by 10 or more boards?

It's a young team with no junior or senior leadership. The frustration is merited but we are a year away from finding out what the long term looks like.

I agree that it's a young team, but what makes us think that next year will be a great improvement? Yes, we have a couple guys sitting out this year and three new freshmen, but Coach Pitino took a veteran team that won an NIT championship and brought them down to not even making the NIT the next season.

In theory we should be better because of experience, but we saw Coach Pitino take a veteran squad and turn it into a team that couldn't win. What evidence do we have that he will bring next years team up to, at minimum, the mediocrity of Tubby Smith's teams in Big 10 play?

I want to hope that you are right, bga, because watching this years squad is brutal, but it's hard for me to believe that we will be remarkably improved next year to the point that we are minimally in the middle of the Big 10 race.

I agree that it's a young team, but what makes us think that next year will be a great improvement? Yes, we have a couple guys sitting out this year and three new freshmen, but Coach Pitino took a veteran team that won an NIT championship and brought them down to not even making the NIT the next season. In theory we should be better because of experience, but we saw Coach Pitino take a veteran squad and turn it into a team that couldn't win. What evidence do we have that he will bring next years team up to, at minimum, the mediocrity of Tubby Smith's teams in Big 10 play? I want to hope that you are right, bga, because watching this years squad is brutal, but it's hard for me to believe that we will be remarkably improved next year to the point that we are minimally in the middle of the Big 10 race.

Is it conceivable to think that if we get a little more help from the transfers and incoming class while the kids keep improving that we have a better chance to win these close games? I think it's possible

I agree that it's a young team, but what makes us think that next year will be a great improvement? Yes, we have a couple guys sitting out this year and three new freshmen, but Coach Pitino took a veteran team that won an NIT championship and brought them down to not even making the NIT the next season.

In theory we should be better because of experience, but we saw Coach Pitino take a veteran squad and turn it into a team that couldn't win. What evidence do we have that he will bring next years team up to, at minimum, the mediocrity of Tubby Smith's teams in Big 10 play?

I want to hope that you are right, bga, because watching this years squad is brutal, but it's hard for me to believe that we will be remarkably improved next year to the point that we are minimally in the middle of the Big 10 race.

I agree last year was frustrating but we also need to take into consideration Pitino coached that team to the nit final. I find the team not being able to win last year way more frustrating than this current team.

In any case, I don't expect a win until, perhaps, Rutgers. (It would be my dream for us to win our last four games in conference.) I'm not even sure what improvement I am looking for in the next 6 games, but I will try to watch anyway.

It's not the fact that we lost this one game. I've watched almost every game for 25 + years. And no, I'm not going to stop. But the next 6 games have almost zero appeal, because we have little/no realistic chance to win any of them. This is officially worse than 06-07.

We have not been through this before. This is the worst team in my lifetime. I wish we could all wear the rose-colored glasses, but it's pretty tough at the moment. The Rutgers games will be epic in their own way though...

I guess if you're just saying you don't want to watch but you want to still be a fan I'm cool with that.

And if you're saying you're just sick of watching a team lose thats fine too, kinda.

But there is no way you're going to convince me that the outlook/feel of this team is remotely similar to what '06/'07 was. That team's freshman class included Lawrence Westbrook as it's key contributor and future star and it's incoming class was..... Blake Hoffarber, it would be like we only got Michael Hurt coming n next year.

Instead, we have Amir Coffey, Curry and 2 Transfers with various levels of intrigue. I'm not suggesting we are going to be world beaters next year, but its definitely going to be a COMPLETELY different feel, or, at least, it better be.

That all said, I would think, even as a 25 year grizzled veteran, you should want to absorb this rare opportunity to watch what could be the core of our team in 3 years playing and learning through the trials and tribulations that are the Big 10 season. It's possible these losses are what makes a conference champion in 3 years. It's also possible I post this again in 2 years... This is being a Gopher fan, you're used to it.

Like I said, quit acting like this is new.

Didn't Purdue lose at Illinois by double digits? You just never know...that's why I'll be there Wednesday.

After the game, Pitino seemed to be saying the team didn't do what he told them to do for the final possession in regulation. So, is that youth and inexperience - or is that a disconnect between the coach and the players?

No, it is a sign that King screwed up and didn't do what was called. King admitted that it was his fault.

Because it's still B1G basketball -- with an opportunity to upset NCAA teams Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, and/or Maryland -- and because jumping on and off the bandwagon (for those that do) is for the weak-minded.

We could create a drinking game based on the size of the scoring deficit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom