Give me a reason to watch the next 6 games.

howeda7

Reaction score
We're 0-8. It's awfully likely we'll be 0-14. I'm drawing a blank.....

It's still better than watching the Kardashians?

Because we are Gopher fans and we support these players. Because they played their ass off today but just couldn't make a free throw if their lives depended on it. Because they will Be better next year (no where to go but up). Because I like to watch Goohers sports through the good and the bad.

Fair enough. The effort the last 3 games was good, so there's that. But a couple of these are going to get ugly even with good effort. Sigh.

Because we are Gopher fans and we support these players. Because they played their ass off today but just couldn't make a free throw if their lives depended on it. Because they will Be better next year (no where to go but up). Because I like to watch Goohers sports through the good and the bad.

Brewster or Pitino. Wacker or Monson. I will watch. I am a Gopher.

:clap:

Pitino will not survive this likely 1-17(cant lose to Rutgers can they?) season...I do not care who is coming in next year, no way the U can sell this clown for the future.

And if he does, what is the reasonable bar to clear next year? 6-12? Anything more than that is unreasonable. So realistically, if you give him year 4, you have to give him year 5 unless it's another implosion.

Exactly. Maybe the young guys become the next Mel Newbern, Willie Burton, Richard Coffey and company. Or maybe they won't, but I'm going to watch and see what happens. The team is not very good right now but they are trying. I'll be there for the next game.

If you're a Gopher fan you watch.
If you're not a Gopher fan you don't watch.

It's really not that difficult a question.

And if he does, what is the reasonable bar to clear next year? 6-12? Anything more than that is unreasonable. So realistically, if you give him year 4, you have to give him year 5 unless it's another implosion.

They may give him another year, but the barn will be a ghost town.....Money talks.....New AD will have a lot to say....If they are awful again, Pitino may resign mid season if he has any pride.

the feined outrage is getting old guys. It was fun and almost legititmate when we were getting blown out, but the reaction to the last couple games is just over the top IMO. This is a BAD, YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED, team without DEPTH. We are going to lose more games like this before we win games like this.

We've been though seasons with upperclassmen who have pissed away games worse than today. Quit acting like this is new territory. If this loss makes you not want to watch Gopher basketball then I'm not sure why you are still here to begin with or why you ever started.

the feined outrage is getting old guys. It was fun and almost legititmate when we were getting blown out, but the reaction to the last couple games is just over the top IMO. This is a BAD, YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED, team without DEPTH. We are going to lose more games like this before we win games like this.

We've been though seasons with upperclassmen who have pissed away games worse than today. Quit acting like this is new territory. If this loss makes you not want to watch Gopher basketball then I'm not sure why you are still here to begin with or why you ever started.
The difference is that with upperclassmen you have a shorter expected window of awful play: one to two years.

With freshmen and sophomores getting out played every game, you have a expected awful play window of three to four years. When it hits 3-4 years of expecting awful play, you turn off recruits just in the eye test.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Dance Line. An island of excellence in the sea of mediocrity. Pitino should watch a rehearsal. Their coach demands perfection and gets it. There were a couple times when they were playing well and the players could have used positive encouragement and instead they got the whiny, petulant, look and comment from Jr. My wife even commented about that yesterday.

How can you not be interested to see if they can win a B1G game.

The Dance Line. An island of excellence in the sea of mediocrity. Pitino should watch a rehearsal. Their coach demands perfection and gets it. There were a couple times when they were playing well and the players could have used positive encouragement and instead they got the whiny, petulant, look and comment from Jr. My wife even commented about that yesterday.

I think they just won another National Championship!!

As bad as this year is, it is still tons better than Tubby's last year as coach. Tubby's team blew a game in the last minute yesterday too. Plus...this is part of Pitino's plan....he tried to win in year 1 for the sake of all those juniors and seniors. I think everyone would agree that the NIT Championship makes it worth it. They've played better the last three games...I see improvement!!

How can you not be interested to see if they can win a B1G game.

Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head. The combination of the inadequate roster and bad coaching creates a unique drama of sorts for the fans.

Because the style of play is fun to watch. ;)

Can you tell me a style of play that is fun to watch when played by a bad team? Is there any way to play uptempo with a team that consistently loses the rebounding battle by 10 or more boards?

It's a young team with no junior or senior leadership. The frustration is merited but we are a year away from finding out what the long term looks like.

As bad as this year is, it is still tons better than Tubby's last year as coach.

You're joking, right? That team was very disappointing because of the way they played after a 15-1 start, but even after they went into their slump, they gave the fans some occasions for celebration (e.g., the victory over very highly ranked Indiana).

Exactly. Maybe the young guys become the next Mel Newbern, Willie Burton, Richard Coffey and company. Or maybe they won't, but I'm going to watch and see what happens. The team is not very good right now but they are trying. I'll be there for the next game.

My thoughts exactly. I said on the hole before that this season seems a lot like Burtons and Newburns freshman season. Hopefully the growing pains are worth it.

When Murphy was not in the game yesterday, our offense positioned all 5 guys at the 3 point line with nobody cutting through the lane at all. The high screens designed to give Mason room to penetrate were a failure, so we were forced to launch another 3 pointer. What the hell kind of offense never tries to get it inside the 3 point line with passing?

as far as watching the game, I watched the first half. Then, I started watching a movie during halftime and fell asleep. turned game back on in time to see final possession in regulation, and the overtime.

This team is really frustrating. there are times when you see flashes of potential from Murphy, McBrayer, Dorsey and others - but the flashes of potential are bookended by stretches of turnovers and bad shots. Is it talent, or is it coaching? I honestly can't tell.

After the game, Pitino seemed to be saying the team didn't do what he told them to do for the final possession in regulation. So, is that youth and inexperience - or is that a disconnect between the coach and the players?

If we lose the next 6 games we're a lock to get the first pick in the draft.

Because you can't find anyone to give your tickets too.

Support the players...they deserve that much. I saw a lot of effort the past few games out of guys that were playing HS ball last year. Does anyone really think these guys like to lose?? They need our support now more than ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom