Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex

mnboiler

Resident Purdue Expert
Reaction score
With all the talk about the commitment to the football program that the U has shown with TCF Bank Stadium does anyone know what state the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex is in? Does it need a full scale renovation, does it need some work here and there, does it need a fresh coat of paint and some new graphics, is it 100% good to go? Somewhere in the middle?

I wouldn't underestimate the importance of football complex in recruiting both a new coaching staff and players. The team spends most of their week in the Complex and only Saturday and maybe Friday night(walk though) at TCF Bank Stadium. Does anyone have any insight into this?

It's in decent shape. They just finished remodeling the locker room, training room and meeting rooms and put down new turf in the indoor field. It's not state of the art, but it's not falling down either.

It's missing the following:

1. Paul Bunyan Axe
2. Floyd of Rosedale Pig
3. Little Brown Jug
4. Governor's Victory Bell

Maybe we can get the "Bell" on Saturday!

Go Gophers!

We should change the name to the Gibron-Nagurski Football Complex in honor of the great Abe Gibron.

I will never forget the Bears-Vikings game when Gibron coached the Bears. The game was tied in the 4th quarter and the Bears had it 4th and something at about their 30 and Gibron called for a fake punt. Vikings devoured the play, took over, and kicked a FG and went on to win. After the game, Gibron says something to the effect "I thought we had that set up and that the Vikings wouldn't be looking for it."

Abe Gibron was definitely a jewel for football, but George Gibson and Bronko Nagurski
are Gopher legends and the building is aptly named. I believe that Mr. Gibson
contributed greatly to it before he died.

It's missing the following:

1. Paul Bunyan Axe
2. Floyd of Rosedale Pig
3. Little Brown Jug
4. Governor's Victory Bell

Maybe we can get the "Bell" on Saturday!

Go Gophers!

Nope. all trophies cases are now instead TCF Bank Stadium, they no longer house them at Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex. Someone correct me on this.

When I was at the U...Mase would keep the trophies in the football office.

Top Bottom