GH: Through the eyes of a rival: Buckyville.com examines TCF Bank Stadium impact

An interesting interview and a few comments.

8,000 Badger fans at TCF on 10/3? No doubt and there could likely be more. Who knows how many Badger fans are lurking in the TC area that may have purchased season tix in the past and have access to seats.

He is right about his comment Re: the UM to host activities that would have improved the game day experience at the damn dome. My concern is what plans the UM have in helping to create that at TCF and how creative will they be? Inviting the Badger band to TCF on 10/3 is a bad decision IMO and should never be allowed as this is a day for Minnesota to celebrate the return of BT football on campus. It seems to me we should be making it more difficult, not easier, for Becky on that historic day.

I hope the UM has incorporated the views of students and fans regarding game day at TCF.

These are certainly exciting days in the history of Gopher football.

I thought I read somewhere that no visiting bands will be invited for the first season.

I doubt 8,000 badger fans are going to be in attendance. Isn't the visitor allotment only a couple thousand tickets roughly? I doubt 6000 badger fans are going to pay $150+ a ticket to attend, even if they live in the metro. Still if they do, they'll still be less than 1/5 of the attendees, rather than 1/3 like they've been in the past.

They sold out

the 3,000 vistors allotment. I would expect at least another 2,000. 8,000 is a stretch.

An interesting interview and a few comments.

8,000 Badger fans at TCF on 10/3? No doubt and there could likely be more. Who knows how many Badger fans are lurking in the TC area that may have purchased season tix in the past and have access to seats.

He is right about his comment Re: the UM to host activities that would have improved the game day experience at the damn dome. My concern is what plans the UM have in helping to create that at TCF and how creative will they be? Inviting the Badger band to TCF on 10/3 is a bad decision IMO and should never be allowed as this is a day for Minnesota to celebrate the return of BT football on campus. It seems to me we should be making it more difficult, not easier, for Becky on that historic day.

I hope the UM has incorporated the views of students and fans regarding game day at TCF.

These are certainly exciting days in the history of Gopher football.

Well, we know they've got Pre-Game Party festivities planned each week on the McNamara plaza.

umnhcky confirmed a while back that (at that time) the U wasn't planning on allowing any away bands in 2009.

If the Wisky band wants a part of the action on October 3, they can march the game ball to Minneapolis from Madison during the week before.

If the Wisky band wants a part of the action on October 3, they can march the game ball to Minneapolis from Madison during the week before.

I wouldn't want to play with a ball that the Wisky band had with them for a week. Who knows what kind of sick hazing rituals it would have been used for?

GO GOPHERS!

Top Bottom