GH memories/ posting players or relatives of players

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
All the Kelly Leeks reminiscing gets me teary eyed.

What good times we have had at the GopherHole.

Considering this year's team is not really worth talking about I propose a thread on past involvement with the GopherHole by players, recruits, or relatives of players.

My favorite was Lydon Murtha (BigboyfromMN). the 4* o-lineman from Hutchinson committed to the Gophers and then backed out at the last moment and went to Nebraska. He backed out because Minnesota wasn't a good wholesome environment. His player-host had taken him to a strip club on his visit to Minnesota. The rumor here was Murtha hooked up with a stripper on his visit to Minnesota went back home and the s*it hit the fan. Murtha defended himself vigorously on Gopherhole but what was funniest that there was another poster (UST4Life- maybe?) who was a year or two older than Murtha and had played with him in Hutchinson. This poster pretty much called Murtha a pussy and recounted tales about Murtha being injured for a game but dancing all night at the school dance that night. This all made it into the Star Tribune complete with quotes from UST4Life (if that was the right name).

Murtha currently plays for the Miami Dolphins.

Other players I recall posting were Scott Stephenson, O-lineman who transferred to Iowa State and played D-Line (or vice versa) who just hated Mason and James Laurinitis's Mom.

My Favorite is Chris Royston (Sportsfan24) - Very levelheaded, defends the team/coaches, but also understands the nature of fans on message boards and how the media in general plays a part in college athletics. I hope he continues to post here in the future because I enjoy his perspective.

My Favorite is Chris Royston (Sportsfan24) - Very levelheaded, defends the team/coaches, but also understands the nature of fans on message boards and how the media in general plays a part in college athletics. I hope he continues to post here in the future because I enjoy his perspective.

I agree. As a funny side note I did get into a semi-argument with him about CDH before I knew who he was.

I do enjoy his perspective on this board.

Wasn't there a thread or two last year bitching about Jeff Wills where somebody was really going off on him and Wills' dad (or uncle, relative, etc.?) came on and defended him??

How about saintdon who was Tony Mortensen's uncle or cousin. He regularly threatened to kick any poster's ass who dared to criticize Tony's QB play.

Top Bottom