Getting to know Central Michigan University

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
Central Michigan University is located in Mt. Pleasant, MI. It appears to be located just about in the dead center of Michigan's lower peninsula, go figure. For the geographically challenged, the lower peninsula is the part that looks like a mitten, not Wisconsin's comb-over. The Chippewas have NCAA approval to retain their nickname based on the consent of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe. The school colors are maroon and gold. There are about 28,000 students.

Here's the write up from the local paper on the bowl selection.

http://www.themorningsun.com/sports/20151206/central-michigan-set-to-take-on-minnesota-in-detroits-quick-lane-bowl-on-dec-28

I actually went on an "official visit" to Central Michigan when I trying to pick what school I wanted to go to. The school was awesome, but I was also a HS kid on my only official visit to a school, so it really could have been anywhere. But it seemed like a cool campus. It was way bigger than I thought it would be.

The offer never came or I would have become a Chippewa and I'd be on that board talking crap about the Gophers.

I actually went on an "official visit" to Central Michigan when I trying to pick what school I wanted to go to. The school was awesome, but I was also a HS kid on my only official visit to a school, so it really could have been anywhere. But it seemed like a cool campus. It was way bigger than I thought it would be.

The offer never came or I would have become a Chippewa and I'd be on that board talking crap about the Gophers.

Instead you're on GH having people talk crap about you. Funny how things work out ;-)

They come in after winning 5 out of their last 6.

Thursday
Sep. 3 Cowboys Oklahoma State Cowboys
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI Lost 24-13 ---

Sep. 12 Hawks Monmouth Hawks
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI Won 31-10 ---

Sep. 19 Orangemen at Syracuse Orange
Carrier Dome, Syracuse, NY Lost 30-27 ---

Sep. 26 Spartans at Michigan State Spartans
Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI Lost 30-10 ---

Oct. 3 Huskies Northern Illinois Huskies (HC)
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI Won 29-19 ---

Oct. 10 Broncos at Western Michigan Broncos
Waldo Stadium, Kalamazoo, MI Lost 41-39 ---

Oct. 17 Bulls Buffalo Bulls
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI Won 51-14 ---

Oct. 24 Cardinals at Ball State Cardinals
Scheumann Stadium, Muncie, IN Won 23-21 ---

Oct. 31 Zips at Akron Zips
InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field, Akron, OH Won 14-6 ---

Nov. 7 --- Open Date --- ---

Nov. 10 Rockets Toledo Rockets
Kelly/Shorts Stadium, Mount Pleasant, MI Lost 28-23 ---