Get the Natty

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Great win against BU today! Now it's time to win the Natty!

The talent and chemistry have come together as expected. Time to seal the deal.
Michigan and Quinnipiac have nothing on us. We have the talent, depth, and will. Get it done boys!

Just don't burn down Dinkytown this time. Although, with all the high-rises, there's not much left there anyway.

GO GOPHERS!

C'mon Q. Muck Fichigan.

Hoping for a better result than last time, as I was in Vegas betting handedly on the Gophers and then had to endure chants of “Union!” the remainder of my weekend.

LFG banner #6

Just don't burn down Dinkytown this time. Although, with all the high-rises, there's not much left there anyway.
I was living on Como that year. We were this close to going out that night. Kinda glad we didn't!

Looks like Quinnipiac plays the 1-3-1 neutral zone trap defense or something similar. I think it's hard to get through that but Michigan's been able to attack enough and Quinnipiac has attacked plenty.

Quinnipiac’s defense is tops in the country and it isn’t even close. Allowing just 1.54 goals per game, the Bobcats are one of only two teams that kept opponents to below two goals per game on average this season. Michigan on average allows literally double the number of goals per game than Quinnipiac does: 3.08, 42nd-best in college hockey.

Averaging 3.95 goals per game, Quinnipiac has the third-best offense in the country.

Quinnipiac is controlling the game against Michigan.

Then a Hughes pass goes to Fantilli. Michigan ties it up.

The stick checking is legit by both of these teams. Many breakaway type situations broken up. Very nice game.

I think that with his performance tonight, Cooley all but locks up the Hobey. The last time a Gopher won the Hobey Baker, we also hung up a championship banner. I'm just saying.

Live betting odds have Quinnipiac favored by 1.5 points to win. Up by 1 goal.

Quinnipiac looks good. So does Michigan though. Gonna be a good game Saturday. Quinnipiac’s D is tough and they pass well. Not sure it’s to our benefit for them to win, even if Michigan beat us for the B1G tourney title (Gophers looked slow and off that day, still only lost by 1).

Quinnipiac looks good. So does Michigan though. Gonna be a good game Saturday.
Yeah, they looked better than I thought they would. I went into this game thinking I'd rather play Quinnipiac in the championship, now I think I'd rather play Michigan.

Yeah, they looked better than I thought they would. I went into this game thinking I'd rather play Quinnipiac in the championship, now I think I'd rather play Michigan.
phew. yeah for me it’s a tossup. Gopher history seems to be that they struggle against the lesser names in these big games though. From that perspective, Michigan would be better to face.

I think that with his performance tonight, Cooley all but locks up the Hobey. The last time a Gopher won the Hobey Baker, we also hung up a championship banner. I'm just saying.
Voting is already done so tonight's game doesn't factor in.

Portillo might need witness protection after this one. Can you hide a 6’8” Swed anywhere other than Minnesota.

Shocker. Michigan is going to lose.

Not sure what to think of a Minnesota-Quinnipiac game. Quinnipiac is a quirky team. Neutral zone defense. Good poking the puck to stop stuff. Then an attack jumps out.

I wanted Michigan they fit our style more.

Quinnipiac is gonna really clamp down and try to take away our speed and talent. Like those good Kato teams do.

Going to be a tough one.

I wanted Michigan they fit our style more.

Quinnipiac is gonna really clamp down and try to take away our speed and talent. Like those good Kato teams do.

Going to be a tough one.
Score fast and score early, make them have to skate with you.

Against QU's defensive structure, we need to find a way to get the puck deep, grind out a forecheck,and manufacture goals. We should be better than them, so long as we don't get caught trying to be too fancy on the outside.

Opening odds have Gophers favored by 1.5 points.

(So was Michigan).

Top Bottom