Get over it

tap

Reaction score
Jerry Kill was not the first choice of the majority of Gopher FB fans. However I am over my dissapointment of not getting who I wanted and I am ready to move on and support Coach Kill. As most of us are truly unhappy in Joel Maturi's handling of this whole process we should remember he will be gone in less than a year and a half. Don't blame Jerry Kill or the football players-they are the ones who need our support, not JM.

If I never here the name Mike Leach again it won't be soon enough. There are reasons why no one has hired him and I think we all know them. I don't believe he truly wanted to be the Gopher FB coach but he just wants to be a FB anywhere that will take him. Get over it-he is never coaching here. We don't need to reference him all the time. He is not a part of and never will be a coach ay the U of M!

+1

I'm not ready to crown him King of Dinkytown, but he seems like a solid person who will never embarrass the U.

Some good PR would be for the U to announce a date for Joel Maturi's retirement (6 months, 1 year, ect.), this would allow fans to get behind Kill while recognizing that Maturi will be gone in the future.

The thing that people have to differentiate is Jerry Kill the candidate in the Maturi hiring fiasco and Jerry Kill the coach of Golden Gopher football. Jerry Kill the candidate could have been Mike Grant the candidate, Al Golden the candidate, Mike Leach the candidate or anyone else the candidate. They would have been tainted by the remaining slime from the previous candidate going through the process with the same AD.

Of course, Chris Voelz could have been made AD and we would be stuck with Coach Beast (from Glee) which would cause a sharp decrease in the birthrate in the state. (I'm just sayin'...)

Top Bottom