Get chills

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
I can't frickin wait.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PEx7_nNWPLU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PEx7_nNWPLU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

You wanna get your Chili hot? Watch this video. I got goose bumps...I don't know about copying Penn State with the whole "We Are"...."Minnesota" thing, but hey if it gets everyone screaming and going nuts. I am ready and can't wait for this day to come. Besides my wedding it will be the best day of my 28 year old life... ok it could actually be the best day of my life.

The making of the M was pretty cool, but in my opinion the "we are... Minnesota" chant is horrible. If we are going to copy Penn St., I'd love to see us copy their Zombie Nation cheer, substituting Min-ne-so-ta for the we-are-penn-state. Do they play Zombie Nation at football games or is it just basketball?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3w-jmyztn-Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3w-jmyztn-Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This video does not do the sound justice. It was really really loud last night. And keep in mind that amounts to only half of the student section.

I hope the marching band is as anti- "we are..." as the rest of us seem to be. I hope are just humoring Brewster by allowing him to use this cheer.

Any word on that from the marching band??

The "We are" was actually something Maturi tried starting back in 2002. He brought it to some 'Sota Socials and has tried pushing it ever since. Bring on the MINNNNNN NEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOO TAAAAAAAA. Which section will get the NEEEEEE?

MinnMarch...Those weren't all season ticket students were they? I thought it was just all the freshman. I can only imagine how loud this place is gonna be.

My Chili is almost to a Nuclear level.

I'm a big SKI-U-MAH cheer guy. Home, Students, Away sides.

Something uniquely ours, it fits the new digs. Make it happen.

Somebody on here has the tag line "come early, be loud, stay late". If everyone can abide by this, we'll be just fine.

Great video.

That video is nuts...I feel as if its any other program other than ours. We look legit...what a great idea and execution by the U.

Go Gophers!!

Bleed captured my thoughts perfectly. It doesn't seem like us but it is. We are playing on a whole different plane now. More students will latch on to Gopher football as a way to connect their college experience to their adult life now that we are back on campus. This is very important. Wins will help a lot and a ton of losses could destroy this but just getting back on campus in a awesome facility (very nice yet still collegiate) changes things. That scene was very un-gopherlike at least as it pertains to football.

I hope the marching band is as anti- "we are..." as the rest of us seem to be. I hope are just humoring Brewster by allowing him to use this cheer.

Any word on that from the marching band??

I haven't heard anything pro/against the "we are" chant, however it sounded pretty damn cool. I don't think there's any way for the students to start the chant, barring Brewster standing at a mic. I have a feeling you are right and they are just humoring Brewster.

What are you smokin'?

The making of the M was pretty cool, but in my opinion the "we are... Minnesota" chant is horrible. If we are going to copy Penn St., I'd love to see us copy their Zombie Nation cheer, substituting Min-ne-so-ta for the we-are-penn-state. Do they play Zombie Nation at football games or is it just basketball?

Marshall has been doing this since the '50's. Penn State is a terrible rip off of them.
I don't like it and vote for Ski-U-Mah

Anyone notice the fireworks at the end?

I would not be surprised if they have something good ready for after the game on the 12th...

I've had them all day! 12 hours from now, we will be watching a big U of M victory! :D

I just recently (as in the last 3 hours) emailed the head coach of the spirit squad to ensure that he knew of the Gopherhole and to make sure that he knew of the support behind the Ski U Ma cheer. And how much the "We are..." Cheer SUCKS and is Marshall and Penn States cheer. "WE ARE...SKI U MA" no one can copy that and it is totally Gopher pride. Ski (home side) UUUUUUUUUU (Students) MAAAAAAA (Visitor Side). TCF would shake and would sound something like the "O" at Mariucci during the rouser after a goal to put us ahead of UND with a minute left in the 3rd.
Happy Game Day!!!!!!!

That was really well done - gets me very excited for next weekend - losing today would certainly be somewhat of a downer though.

Marshall has been doing this since the '50's. Penn State is a terrible rip off of them.
I don't like it and vote for Ski-U-Mah

Not that it's really pertinent to the discussion, but the "we are" thing wasn't started at Marshall until 1988. Meanwhile, Penn State started in 1978. Does it matter if those dates are accurate? Not really, because most college football fans would associate the "we are" chant with Penn St. So I guess the question then becomes what are you smokin' to associate the cheer with Marshall instead of Penn St? I agree that a Ski-U-Mah cheer would be better, but I was merely saying that if we were going to copy a Penn State cheer that I would prefer copying their zombie nation one.

Great video!

Agreed with many above--the 'We are Minnesota' chant is beyond tacky.

I'm not a a fan at all of the Zombie nation version.

Having been there before....the "we are" "Penn State" is well done there.

As well at the lion roar sound effect.

GM

Great!

Goose bumps....recruiting has and will change going forward too.

Well done!

SKI-U-MAH!

GM

Top Bottom