Garrett Wilson opts out of Rose Bowl

I can’t imagine opting out of a NY6 bowl game, especially the sacred Rose Bowl.

I also can’t imagine playing for a program where the Rose Bowl isn’t considered a childhood dream to play in it.
Doesn't make sense, unless he thinks his stock will dimmish if he plays in this game that is a poor reason not to play.

Doesn't make sense, unless he thinks his stock will dimmish if he plays in this game that is a poor reason not to play.
As a fan, I don't like opt outs, but that's easy for me to say since I don't have millions at risk by playing in that game. I don't agree with people calling bowls "meaningless", but it's hard for me to blame a kid for not wanting to risk generational wealth by playing in any game.

Maybe seeing Jaylen Waddle's injuries last season and now John Metchie's injury in the SEC championship game is a part of the equation.

3 others Buckeyes, including Garrett Wilson are also opting out. The Rose Bowl, unless it's a CFP semifinal is small fries for Ohio State.

They don’t want to miss the money train by getting injured.

opting out of the grand daddy of them all is absurd

Yeah if you're a 1st rounder, you should opt out

When the 12 team CFP is implemented, opt outs will be even more prevelant for the also ran Bowls. Pitt's starting QB (Pickett) passed in the Peach.

I get why players do it but it is unfortunate for the fans who would love to see that player suit up one more time for their favorite squad before moving on.

Glad our guys all appear to want to play, that is refreshing to see as opt outs become more and more common in bowl games.

Top Bottom