Garcia Waiver approved

Sweet!!! Minnesota's road to Final Four begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Wasn't this expected? I think everyone knew Garcia was going to be able to play.
Still nice to hear. Other “sure things” were denied in the past. If he had to sit, we would have little besides Battle and the freshmen.

Do we assume the basketball gods were appeased by the 2 season ending injuries so as not to punish us for this bit of good news? Or should be we walking on egg shells waiting for the other shoe to drop now that Garcia is eligible?

As MN sports fans, we live on egg shells.

Do we assume the basketball gods were appeased by the 2 season ending injuries so as not to punish us for this bit of good news? Or should be we walking on egg shells waiting for the other shoe to drop now that Garcia is eligible?

I think they're just a lot more lenient about approving these than they used to be and Garcia's story had much better circumstances than most for a waiver approval. I think the waiver would have been granted with or without the injuries.

I think they're just a lot more lenient about approving these than they used to be and Garcia's story had much better circumstances than most for a waiver approval. I think the waiver would have been granted with or without the injuries.
Garcia's story is exactly what the waiver was written for originally.

Top Bottom