Garcia may miss Indiana game

We losing by 40 then. Without Garcia do we have six available scholarship players?

It never ends. I feel sorry for Ben on this one.

I assume it is going to be Payne, Ola Joseph, Battle, Samuels and Cooper. If Thompson or someone else starts over Payne- I'm throwing the brick.
If Garcia's out, they only have 7 scholarship players. I'm not sure who "someone else" would even be. Ramburg did start a few games but literally hasn't played since December.

If Garcia's out, they only have 7 scholarship players. I'm not sure who "someone else" would even be. Ramburg did start a few games but literally hasn't played since December.
Henley

It never ends. I feel sorry for Ben on this one.

I assume it is going to be Payne, Ola Joseph, Battle, Samuels and Cooper. If Thompson or someone else starts over Payne- I'm throwing the brick.
I wouldn’t worry about who starts but more minute distribution. As long as Payne stays out of foul trouble he should have 27-32 minutes if Garcia is out.

Not sure how TT's remaining eligibility would be effected if he plays any more this season...but if he can retain 3 years by not playing maybe he should tell the coach don't put me in. We all know if he plays against Indiana he'll return to the end of the bench when Garcia returns.

Not sure how TT's remaining eligibility would be effected if he plays any more this season...but if he can retain 3 years by not playing maybe he should tell the coach don't put me in. We all know if he plays against Indiana he'll return to the end of the bench when Garcia returns.
??

Buckets isn’t like football, he’s already played this year, so this year’s eligibility is used up already.

??

Buckets isn’t like football, he’s already played this year, so this year’s eligibility is used up already.
So then he plays, if BJ calls on him and then returns to the end of the bench when BJ's no longer needs him to fill in for Garcia.

So then he plays, if BJ calls on him and then returns to the end of the bench when BJ's no longer needs him to fill in for Garcia.
I hope BJ asks TT if he wants to play. ‘Nah.’ This is my favorite Ben story of his coaching career. It is/was when everything became clear.

??

There are medical redshirts available in basketball based on number of games played and how late in the season though:

In order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:

• Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”
  • Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
  • Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games

Last edited:

There are medical redshirts available based on number of games played and how late in the season though:

In order to be granted a medical redshirt, the athlete must:

• Suffer an injury that is deemed “season-ending”
  • Their injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
  • Not participate in more than 30% of the season’s games
Txs.

I was excluding the medical redshirt. As TT hadn’t suffered a season ending injury and we’re on the backstretch of the season.

Txs.

I was excluding the medical redshirt. As TT hadn’t suffered a season ending injury and we’re on the backstretch of the season.
I did not realize TT got some run during the most recent Purdue game, so moot point.

A minute of garbage time vs Illinois and 2 against Nebraska (which was OT so I think he went in after someone fouled out) also likely put him over the 30% threshold.

So for tomorrow's game:

Carrington-Out
Garcia-unknown
Payne-unknown
Ramburg-?? He had a leg injury and didn't play the 2nd half
JOJ-Probably can go since he came back in when Thompson fouled out?

Does the 7 player rule apply generally, or is that only a Covid thing?

So for tomorrow's game:

Carrington-Out
Garcia-unknown
Payne-unknown
Ramburg-?? He had a leg injury and didn't play the 2nd half
JOJ-Probably can go since he came back in when Thompson fouled out?

Does the 7 player rule apply generally, or is that only a Covid thing?

I always thought it was a Covid thing. But who knows. Maybe if its predetermined that a team literally cant roster a squad they might show mercy haha

Top Bottom