Games in the heat

CP Gopher

Reaction score
What was the temp when we played in Vegas last year?
I didn't play high school football, but my junior year our team played it's opener on the Friday night before Labor Day. It was 96 at kickoff with no wind. The second half was like slow motion. That was years ago. In this day and age it would be postponed. I remember it ended
6-0 and a cheerleader passed out. There was a hose on the home team sideline and there were players from both teams getting hosed down during the game.

What was the temp when we played in Vegas last year?
I didn't play high school football, but my junior year our team played it's opener on the Friday night before Labor Day. It was 96 at kickoff with no wind. The second half was like slow motion. That was years ago. In this day and age it would be postponed. I remember it ended
6-0 and a cheerleader passed out. There was a hose on the home team sideline and there were players from both teams getting hosed down during the game.

it was 86 per the official box score. my senior year of hs we played in a game that was 90+ degrees with little to no wind. luckily (probably for both teams) it was a blowout so no player had to play much of the game but I can say it was pretty miserable with frequent water breaks. needless to say games in that heat are not overly fun

The game at Sam Boyd last fall was comfortable, I don't recall the exact temperature. It was almost dark and the dry heat in LV is pretty comfortable once the sun goes down. The only thing uncomfortable about that game was watching the Gopher QB airmail wide open receivers.

I tell the friends and fam in MN that I would equate the desert temps and MN temps (with that godawful humidity) at about a 20-degree difference; i.e., 105 in the Vegas desert is about the same on a comfort level as 85+ in the MN summer humidity. That's just my guess. That being said, I'll take the dry heat every day of the week and it's not even close.

That being said, if it's 85+ for the game against UNLV, the Rebels could REALLY struggle with that kind of heat/humidity. It could easily be a factor. It'll be interesting to see.

Wasn't it like 138 degrees a few years ago when we played in Murfreesboro, TN?

Top Bottom