Gameday set location

Now the question turns to how good the turnout will be with a forecast of wind/rain/snow. The good news is the Temps will remain steady literally all day in the mid 30's. Fairly mild. But the wind and mixed precipitation could be a pain in the azz.

Now the question turns to how good the turnout will be with a forecast of wind/rain/snow. The good news is the Temps will remain steady literally all day in the mid 30's. Fairly mild. But the wind and mixed precipitation could be a pain in the azz.

that’s a huge area too. I hope people show up or it’s gonna be a rough look on TV.

I thought the lawn south of McNamara would've been a better choice, set up with the backdrop aiming to the northeast so that the stadium could provide the background. There is plenty of space there, and fans could walk about 30 seconds to get to the stadium. Northrop will be fine, though.

Awesome! Now we just need to lock in Lizzo and the inflatable butt balloons for the mall.

Something like banners sayings Go (GO being on one banner, then a space) Gophers between the columns could add some much needed color to the backdrop during the winter

Actually, since we love to spell it, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A fits perfectly.

Juicy Lucy from Matt's is a good idea but the cheese might be cold by the time it makes it to the set. Obviously Blue Door is just up the road but people would probably get mad if it doesn't come from the original.

It's the best choice for location. Iconic, best looking part of campus, lots of space for a crowd, easy access for the TV equipment, buildings will be open on the mall if people need a restroom or to warm up, Scholar's walk is a direct path to the stadium.

It seems to me that they will need to set up the stage on the south end of the mall to get Northrup Auditorium in the background.

It seems to me that they will need to set up the stage on the south end of the mall to get Northrup Auditorium in the background.

Would they do that with the light rail ding-a-linging by every ten minutes?

It would be cool if they could put it right in the middle and have fans on both sides.

I don't think Northrop necessarily has to be in the background of the main shot. They should be closer to Northrop than Coffman or the road for sure.

Would they do that with the light rail ding-a-linging by every ten minutes?

It would be cool if they could put it right in the middle and have fans on both sides.
That's a good point. They aren't going to want that.

Keep in mind they do a show from the Gameday site on Friday afternoon. A person can get some face time on TV showing up for that.

Keep in mind they do a show from the Gameday site on Friday afternoon. A person can get some face time on TV showing up for that.
What time is that at? I need to DVR it

Top Bottom