Gameday Logistics

Ole

Reaction score
I'm not going to get into my normal schtick about tailgating, but I wanted to gauge anyone with knowledge about how things are expected to go.

I'm taking the day off and have been told by parking that I will be allowed to park in lot 37 for the daily 6$ fee whenever, so long as I don't cook or drink til 2.
I'm really concerned however, with the logistics of it all and how it's going to affect the game in general.
I fully expect a traffic jam with no possible solution.
9-5 workers at the U may be more like 10-6 types from my experience, and I expect the lots to fill up around 3 and be full til 630.
Ramps will help, but there is not a sense of urgency in talking with the parking office.
The lady I talked to didn't even know what time the game was.
Add in the lack of communication the U has had to the state fair daily parking folks, and the other events going on, I forsee a mess.

Am I blinded by my tailgating obsession? Where are the 48,000 or so fans going to be parking, and how are they going to get to the game without transport?

As an employee this summer at the University, I can safely say that most are aware of the situation and are taking action to avoid a traffic catastrophe on Thursday. In my office, for example, just about everyone is either taking the afternoon off or working from home for the day. Others are relying on public transportation to avoid having their vehicles stuck in traffic after 5:00.

As for the state fair, the state fair shuttles that normally run through the University for pick-up will not be in service on Thursday to avoid more congestion.

Needless to say, it's going to be an interesting day. The earlier you can get to the lots, the better. Thank goodness I live within walking distance.

I'm not going to get into my normal schtick about tailgating, but I wanted to gauge anyone with knowledge about how things are expected to go.

I'm taking the day off and have been told by parking that I will be allowed to park in lot 37 for the daily 6$ fee whenever, so long as I don't cook or drink til 2.
I'm really concerned however, with the logistics of it all and how it's going to affect the game in general.
I fully expect a traffic jam with no possible solution.
9-5 workers at the U may be more like 10-6 types from my experience, and I expect the lots to fill up around 3 and be full til 630.
Ramps will help, but there is not a sense of urgency in talking with the parking office.
The lady I talked to didn't even know what time the game was.
Add in the lack of communication the U has had to the state fair daily parking folks, and the other events going on, I forsee a mess.

Am I blinded by my tailgating obsession? Where are the 48,000 or so fans going to be parking, and how are they going to get to the game without transport?

My plan is to leave work at noon and try to get there before any of the problems have a chance to pile up. If the person at the parking office does not know what time the game is, that is a bad sign.

Hoping not to drive this towards tailgating whining, but I have a legitimate logistical question. If the tailgate passes are valid starting at 2, does that mean that everyone who has purchased one is guaranteed a spot then, even if they all show up right at 2?

Did our fans suddenly turn into avid tailgaters over the long off season?

The lots don't really get going until 2 hours before game time for a Saturday afternoon game vs. a Big Ten rival, I highly doubt you'll have much of an issue on a Thursday afternoon against UNLV.

If you're there by 2, I foresee zero legitimate problems.

I won't give a sh!t by about 4:00.

I won't give a sh!t by about 4:00.

Best way to avoid being upset by the impending cluster fu_ck is to start early, hit it hard and not care by the time the misery begins.

Twinks, Vikes, Gophs, State Fair and rush hour all at the same time - this is korean plane cash kinda eff up. Ho Lee Fuk, Wi Tu Lo, Sum Ting Wong & Bang Din Ow.

I just can't help thinking this is an absolute clusterbleep. I just started a new job, so I have no flexibility. If I don't go to the game, I could be home with a beer in hand just after kickoff. If I go, I don't know if I'd get there before the first half ends.

Thank god they won't expand TCF Bank Stadium, you guys would cry yourself to sleep about the traffic from the extra 30,000 people on campus.

I received the parking email today from the ticket office. The link to the new egress maps didn't work. Here is a link that will work for you. Click on your lot to look at the map.

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/football-parking-season

Bad news for me (Ski-U-Mah). No more cutting west to get on 94 at Huron. I have to go all the way to 280 and then double back west.

Top Bottom