Game updates?

Were Devoe and Colton sitting because of turnovers? They had only about six minutes of court time until just recently?

Man, the more I watch Rodney Williams play, the more I'm impressed.

I agree. He plays with energy on both ends and has been nothing short of impressive.

He shot well from the outside over the summer at Pulley. Saw him shoot 5-6 from NBA three-point land in one game. Not sure why no one thought he could shoot? Just how his shot looks?

10:46 left....53-31 Gophs
Westbrook 15, Joseph 9, Williams 9. Sampson 8, Cobbs 7, Hoffarber 3, Johnson 2, Iverson 2(just nailed 2 FT) now 55-31....

Has anyone ever gotten a refund from the BTN for such crappy video.....not to mention dat der announcing, eh?

I've asked for a refund. Last Friday, with 8 minutes left in the game, the audio and video stream stopped working. Nothing worked to bring it back. Have not heard from them yet, probably won't, but it also was an opportunity to voice my opinion regarding the streaming issue(s), let's see what happens.

Under eight timeout, 59-32 Gophers.

Guys have really been impressive in the second half and are now carving up SFA on both ends. As was mentioned earlier, somebody got their message across during the break. :D

74-37....under 4 minutes left...

Gophers now up 74-37 with 3:29 left. Completely different team in the second half tonight.

Nice to see that we are keeping the intensity up despite the fourth consecutive blowout. To me that shows they know there is work to do and improvement to be made.

Glad that Tubby seems to have the guys focused. Chemistry and body language looks great as well. I'm optimistic about this squad.

Rodney and Devoe are looking really good from a shooting standpoint. Excited to see how they progress this season.

That's the game. Gophers win 82-42.

On to Utah Valley on Thursday.

Rodney williams just made me forget about "thoseotherguysnotplayin". I wish the Big tennetwork would at least get average quality video, or maybe some real announcers. Has anyone emailed them about this?

Final: Gophers win 82-42

Scoring: Westbrook 15, Joseph 15, Williams 14, Johnson 11, Sampson 8, Cobbs 7, Hoffarber 6, Iverson 4, Carter 2, Nolen 0(25 minutes)
Rebounds: Sampson 11, Carter 6, Iverson 6, Hoffarber 4, Westbrook 2, Johnson, Joseph, Nolen, Williams 1 each
Assists: Nolen 7, Johnson 5, Sampson, Cobbs 3 each, Hoffarber, Joseph, Westbrook 1 each
Misc: Johnson with 5 steals, Sampson, Johnson 3 blks each

I actually thought Stephen F. Austin was a better team than Tennessee Tech. In the first half, they were running their offense pretty well actually. I would think they'll be pretty competitive in their conference considering they were an NCAA Tournament team last year.

Having said that, the guys played extremely well in the second half. Wish the first half would have been more sharp. But hey, it's only the second game of the year.

I actually thought Stephen F. Austin was a better team than Tennessee Tech. In the first half, they were running their offense pretty well actually. I would think they'll be pretty competitive in their conference considering they were an NCAA Tournament team last year.

Having said that, the guys played extremely well in the second half. Wish the first half would have been more sharp. But hey, it's only the second game of the year.

Oh how far we have come when we win by 40 but wish the first half would have been more sharp.

Big men

I missed the game, but 12pts, 17rbs from our centers looks mighty good.

Top Bottom