Game Times for 11/18

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Final times and networks after this week's games.

It's Ohio St's first Big 10 Conference game this season on BTN. Their Youngstown St game was also broadcast.

I know in previous years there was a minimum requirement, but not sure if that applies with the new TV contracts.

Good. 11:00 is my favorite time slot for road games.

It's Ohio St's first Big 10 Conference game this season on BTN. Their Youngstown St game was also broadcast.

I know in previous years there was a minimum requirement, but not sure if that applies with the new TV contracts.
It's 11:00 OR 2:30, right?

I assume the “FOX Sports” logo means it would be on the national broadcast FOX channel.

It’s confusing and wrong to use that symbol, then. Many people still think of FOX Sports as the regional sports channels that used to be called that, like FSN back in the good ol days.

Just put a simple, obvious FOX symbol.

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin on at prime time. The whole country can see how terrible the B1G West is...if they don't already know.

I assume the “FOX Sports” logo means it would be on the national broadcast FOX channel.

It’s confusing and wrong to use that symbol, then. Many people still think of FOX Sports as the regional sports channels that used to be called that, like FSN back in the good ol days.

Just put a simple, obvious FOX symbol.
I think the Fox Sports is used because that's which App you would also find it on in addition to KMSP/Ch 9 locally. Just a hunch.

You would think there would be no need to make the Tweet in the first place until, you know, all the game times actually were final.

You would think there would be no need to make the Tweet in the first place until, you know, all the game times actually were final.
I guess it helps actual ticket holders, a little bit.

Knowing the games are going kick-off at 11am or 2:30pm (and not at 7pm like Neb@Wisc) at least alerts them they only need to block a 7-8 hour window as opposed to the entire day.

If the Gophers were at home, I would at least appreciate that bit of advance knowledge. It still sucks have to wait less than 7 days to know for sure.

Going to Columbus to take in the Horseshoe. Hoping for a 3:30ET start for tailgating purposes.

Going to Columbus to take in the Horseshoe. Hoping for a 3:30ET start for tailgating purposes.
Hot tip- if anyone in your group has a handicap sticker there is a garage south of the stadium with handicap spots. $20. You get waived through closed streets to get there. Lots of tailgating on top level. Was there in 2021 for 7pm Penn State game. Son in law is an OSU grad and invited me. Good time

Final times and networks after this week's games.

I'm guessing NBC may have buyer's remorse on Nebraska @ Wisconsin in Prime Time each coming off home losses to Maryland and Northwestern respectively.

Both teams now could be eliminated completely from even a share of the Big 10 West if Iowa takes care of Illinois (no sure thing).

A good example of why the Networks want to wait as long as possible to make a programming decision.

I'm guessing NBC may have buyer's remorse on Nebraska @ Wisconsin in Prime Time each coming off home losses to Maryland and Northwestern respectively.

Both teams now could be eliminated completely from even a share of the Big 10 West if Iowa takes care of Illinois (no sure thing).

A good example of why the Networks want to wait as long as possible to make a programming decision.
It's WI/NE. There are no other options that make sense. Maybe Illinois/IA. The networks can't wait for next year to be here with USC, Oregon, UCLA, Washington, tOSU, Michigan, PSU and one divsion with all teams.

WI/NE is a big TV draw regardless.
But NBC’s ratings have been significantly lower than similar BigTen games were on ESPN or FOX last year.

Top Bottom