Game Observations...from a Syracuse fan

Well, according to Syracuse fans before the game, Paulus was some sort of demigod. You would think he could fly and shoot lasers from his eyes.

I promise our fans are not always this way, lol.......

You guys seem to have your fair share of knowledgeable, passionate, hardcore fans...and your fair share of homer, maroon shades wearing, every other team sucks type fans. In other words, it's like every message board on the web. :p

Syracuse has tons of fans the same way, just most of them are strictly for the basketball team.

We could all pretend that Syracuse and Minnesota just staged a 12 round heavywieght classic.

Or we could be honest and say that an average Minnesota team just snuck by a bad Syracuse team. Syracuse probably sucks and will lose most of their games and won't be competitive other than a few. Minnesota sucks less but is not a good BCS level football team. Fair?

In 3 Weeks, Let Alone A Year, And Then Beyond

We could all pretend that Syracuse and Minnesota just staged a 12 round heavywieght classic.

Or we could be honest and say that an average Minnesota team just snuck by a bad Syracuse team.

No asterisks or style points will accompany the "W" that has been etched into the record book.

Let's move on, focus on the Zoomies, and enjoy what will be an unforgettable week in Gopher Football History.

Or we could be honest and say that an average Minnesota team just snuck by a bad Syracuse team. Syracuse probably sucks and will lose most of their games and won't be competitive other than a few. Minnesota sucks less but is not a good BCS level football team. Fair?

I hope for both our sakes that's not at all true. :eek:

At the end of the day, talent overcomes heart/passion.

Ask the sooners about that

No, I'm getting pisssed off about...

You are getting pissed off and beating a drum on how your Junior QB outplayed someone that hasn't played competitive football in 4 years, and first game in college. That's impressive. :clap:

The b.s . negitivity based on flasehoods. You want to be negitive and the first half "D", be my guest. Schitzo offensive play calling, fine. The "O" line's bad play, you're right. To say Paulus "outplayed" Weber was baselesss and wrong.

I must have missed something..

thailleagle speaks for nobody about being a Gopher fan ever. Someone made a false statement I corrected it. You call that homerism? I call it being accurate.

Paulus certainly outplayed our supposed All Big Ten candidate QB. I agree, he looked good for not having played football in 4 years. Of course there's film on him now (and on the new Syracuse offense), so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out going forward.

I would agree. Paulus looked pretty darn good. If he would have played 4 years of football I think he would have become one heck of a quarterback.

I am glad that Weber picked it up during the 4th quarter though. We are lucky to have Decker. He is a stud. And Green had some huge catches there at the end too.

I only watched the game the one time, and maybe someone else can give me more insight on this, but at one point during the 3rd quarter I sat there and wondered if we even had a TE. Was Tow-Arnett, or any other TE even a target in the first half?

thailleagle speaks for nobody about being a Gopher fan ever. Someone made a false statement I corrected it. You call that homerism? I call it being accurate.

Please keep my name out of your posts, thank you......

Concerning Paulus, if ESPN did not spend 90% of the game romancing him he hardly would have stood out.

Concerning Weber, other then the final drive and a few completions, his performance was at best underwhelming. Whether that is because they have been trying to change his throwing motion (possible) having his 3rd OC since being there (another possibility), another new offense (again), an OL that needs to play a lot better, or a mixture of all the above (or even he may streaky and not as good as advertised), he will need to play a lot better along with most of the offense.

Concerning the entire team, the thing that sticks under my skin is that they did not play anywhere near expectations. The defense, and maybe the kickers get a pass, but the game was far closer then it should have been, and that is mostly due to the offense and adjustments that should have been done earlier then halftime.

Top Bottom