Game day weather vs Michigan

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
It looks like it's going to be a wet Thursday/Friday, but that should move out of MN by Saturday. It's going to be cold though.

Kickoff weather: Mostly Cloudy, with a temperature of 32º and a NW wind of 10-15 mph. Temps will fall into the upper 20s by the end of the game, with winds decreasing to 5-10 mph.

I predict harbaugh looks cold on TV

win or lose

You wonder if the poor weather forecast is another reason the line has moved so much in Michigan's favor. It can't just be the bad news on the covid front.

Unfortunately like the game against Wisconsin. This does not give us extra advantage.

Not really. It was snowing most of that game and Minneapolis picked up 3" that day. It was also windier than what it's going to be this Saturday.

This Saturday should remain dry, with winds continuing to look lighter. Kickoff temp around 32º, north wind 5-10 mph, and decreasing slightly throughout the game.

You wonder if the poor weather forecast is another reason the line has moved so much in Michigan's favor. It can't just be the bad news on the covid front.

What bad news? The fact that Fleck said he knows the number? It could be our third string kicker, it could be TM2. There isn't news though.

Doing a thread bump for an update.

Weather Underground showing increased chance of precip just before gametime. Dry all day though but this is a night game. Not worried though. Winter football is coming for 2020.

What I do like is the Michigan team will be stepping on an airplane on Friday on a day where Ann Arbor is predicted to have a high temp around 70, and recent highs will have been near or in the 60's. Although overall their weather isn't a whole lot different than here, for this one game at least - they will be going from a place with seasonable decent temps to a place where the temps will not only be 30+ degrees colder, but they haven't had a bad cold front yet this fall.

So, these are college kids after all, and hopefully the Michigan players react to the foreign cold environment just like the Purdue players did in 2018. Will they? I have no idea. I just think it is at least plausible

What bad news? The fact that Fleck said he knows the number? It could be our third string kicker, it could be TM2. There isn't news though.

I get your point, but it's definitely not Tanner or Mo since they were doing media yesterday.

Seriously, this thing has taken off for what reason I don't know. If you want to see what this is all based on, watch the press conference and Fleck's response to Greder's question. Greder's tweet was cryptic and made it seem like something was going on, but he does that to get clicks/retweets. That's what journalists are measured by now. Watch the press conference, starting at about 25:30 and you can judge for yourself whether the sky is falling.

edit- took at look at posting history and it appears Grant is just posting things only on Covid. I got sucked in to the bit. If this is really what you spend your time doing, you need a new hobby.

Last edited:

Seriously, this thing has taken off for what reason I don't know. If you want to see what this is all based on, watch the press conference and Fleck's response to Greder's question. Greder's tweet was cryptic and made it seem like something was going on, but he does that to get clicks/retweets. That's what journalists are measured by now. Watch the press conference, starting at about 25:30 and you can judge for yourself whether the sky is falling.

edit- took at look at posting history and it appears Grant is just posting things only on Covid. I got sucked in to the bit. If this is really what you spend your time doing, you need a new hobby.

It seems like he is posting a lot of stuff about why we're going to lose (including the weather). :LOL:

1603310327092.png

Doing a thread bump for an update.

Weather Underground showing increased chance of precip just before gametime. Dry all day though but this is a night game. Not worried though. Winter football is coming for 2020.

It still looks mostly dry to me. A few flurries could creep in late in the game ahead of Sunday's snow, which again looks very interesting for the metro. It could be a repeat of yesterday.

Thanks!

When I listen to that, he's lumping together everything (injuries, opt-outs, and covid sit-outs) into a single number of "not available for Michigan".

He said "I know the number" and smiled.

I guess that Oliver is out with torn knee from the spring, and Faalele opted out. Hopefully, that is it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Gophers opt for the north sideline all season. There are December games ahead and no big buck donors used to sitting behind the Gopher bench to piss off.
It should be the play every year.

Top Bottom