Game day options in Ann Arbor

THE 'U'

Reaction score
I am going to Michigan for the first time. Looking for suggestions on what is the best way to experience game day.

I have read that the golf course and the high school are good options for tailgating. Is it worth the $50 to park, or is it better to just walk through and find friendly fans.

What is the bar/restaurant scene near the stadium. Are they within walking distance? Is there a spot that MN fans tend to gather? Our hotel is near the mall on the southside of town, doesn't look like much is happening down there.

Here is a little clip to lay it out for ya.

I am going to Michigan for the first time. Looking for suggestions on what is the best way to experience game day.

I have read that the golf course and the high school are good options for tailgating. Is it worth the $50 to park, or is it better to just walk through and find friendly fans.

What is the bar/restaurant scene near the stadium. Are they within walking distance? Is there a spot that MN fans tend to gather? Our hotel is near the mall on the southside of town, doesn't look like much is happening down there.
If you like tailgating then I would suggest the golf course, it's a great scene.

Golf course. Most of the neighborhoods can be fun especially on the north west end where you can walk to some of the watering holes after. if you are also looking for parking there is a guy on this site which I'm fairly certain sets up a TV but for sure you can tailgate in the drive and you get bathroom access. This is the Koch street location. https://greendotparking.com/college-football/minnesota-vs-michigan-27092014/AY

Top Bottom