Game Changing Play

GoldenHerbs

Reaction score
In the 4th quarter tied 21-21, Cal was sacked on 3rd down and Cal should have been punting. However a false start was called giving Cal another shot on 3rd and 15, I felt sick right away I knew that extra chance was gonna kill us and sure enough first down. They drive and are up 28-21. Momentum theirs, Weber Pick, Gameover.

I was so excited watching this game and now so sad but proud of the way the team played.

Go Gophers

Yeah, half the players stopped playing. It was just a few players who couldn't hear the whistles.

Still the game changing play, we needed to get the stop and failed.

I thought our inability to stop Cal on the 3rd and 15 was the play that changed the game -- not the penalty before.

Easily the game-changer. We made no adjustments to their passing game when they altered in the 4th quarter since we were stopping the run. Too many big cushions for their receivers.

or how royston could've leveled that dude on the completion but whiffed...

I agree the whole game changed here, DID see it as a sack (or at least a likely sack had the whistles not sounded) and felt the Gophers had to have that play stand at the time to win. When the penalty was called, I had a sinking feeling. Yep.

Top Bottom