Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Syracuse is the Gophers next opponent in the Bahamas

Wins: Monmouth 87-46, Morgan State 79-60

Losses: Notre Dame 58-82, South Florida 53-77

There are at least three things we know about Syracuse:

Kadi Sissoko
transferred from there.

Quentin Hillsman resigned from there in August.

Christianna Carr transferred to there in May.

Carr scored 14 points in 30 minutes in the loss to South Florida. The former Eden Prairie resident said she was recruited by the Gophers when she entered the portal.

https://www.si.com/college/syracuse/basketball/christianna-carr-discusses-syracuse-commitment

Syracuse's ability to land Carr is important for next season's roster, and the Orange beat out SEC, Big-10 and Big-12 schools for her services.

"Baylor was recruiting me pretty hard," Carr said. "LSU, Texas, Ohio State, Minnesota, Rutgers, a lot of different schools from all over."

Really not surprised that Syracuse is their second round opponent. Going into the season I really thought the Gophers could go 2-1 in this tournament, however that shocking loss to Jacksonville really shook my confidence. Hoping the Gophers can take advantage of their experience team over a team that had much off season turnover. After the Jacksonville loss their margin is very slim for post season. Need to pile up wins where they can.

#9 Oregon moved into the winners bracket with a 98-93 win over Oklahoma. It wasn't easy. Jennie Baranczyk's Sooners led Oregon 78-68 early in the 4th buoyed by shooting 14-36 from three for the game. Maybe the Sooner's turn around won't take very long.

Tired the video link from the Gopher website. Got the Xavier home game. So settled for audio.
Down 2 at the half after a great start. Hopefully we heat up for the second half.

Did Winters start instead of Hubbard or is the box score wrong?

The Enough Said guy does the pxp and most of the analysis, while Lynette plays the “yep” sidekick role.

Nice to see Sissoko taking it to her old team.

Gophers with the win. Sissoko with 23 points, 13 boards, but 6 turnovers. Scalia with 17 points and 6 boards. Winters, in her first start with 16 points, 6 boards. Helgren with 9 boards. Gophers 17 of 19 on FTs. 10 Gophers played in the game.

Too many turnovers, Kadi has so much talent but man some of her turnovers and missed layups are frustrating. Micheaux is gonna be really good too but shes gotta get rid of her hop every time she catches the ball. Once she stops travelling so much she can really be good. Winters is a real nice addition. Always nice to get a p5 win on the road/neutral court.

Oh, and 10 assists for Jazz.

Yes, too many turnovers for Kadi. I like the progress that Rose is making. I also like that they are slowing giving her more PT, as the game still seems a bit fast to her on offense...I think that's why she is traveling so often. One thing I like about her is that she will ask for the ball in the post.

*did not watch* just wondering if Kadi was a bit hyped to player her former team even though it's not really the same team.. but 23/13 I'll take it..

Winters seems to be finding a nice little groove on this team. her shot is so nice..

JP seems to be pressing or something but 10 assists and 5 rebounds and some late FTs to seal the game.

50 rebounds!

The Enough Said guy does the pxp and most of the analysis, while Lynette plays the “yep” sidekick role.

Nice to see Sissoko taking it to her old team.
Thought the same thing. She needs to interject more of the color and JG needs to give her some openings.

Oh, and 10 assists for Jazz.

Yes, too many turnovers for Kadi. I like the progress that Rose is making. I also like that they are slowing giving her more PT, as the game still seems a bit fast to her on offense...I think that's why she is traveling so often. One thing I like about her is that she will ask for the ball in the post.
Who is Rose? I don't see her name on the current roster unless it is a nickname.

Does anyone know if any restaurants or bars will show Monday's game? I would prefer to watch rather than just radio.

Top Bottom