GAME #23: Gophers (15-7, 4-5) @ Purdue (13-9, 3-6) [BTN, 2/5, 7:30PM]

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
MUST WIN!

Ohio State is 5-5.

Wisconsin could get to 5-5 by beating Illinois tonight.

We need to keep pace and need another road win to help our resume.

Pitino has yet to lose more than two games in a row, we'll see if that continues.

Need to have good games from EE and Mo to make sure Hammons doesn't hurt us too much.

This isn't a good way to start a road trip:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Looks like the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> haven't been able to fly into Indiana today w/ all the local weather. They'll try to get out tomorrow.</p>— Amelia Rayno (@AmeliaRayno) <a href="https://twitter.com/AmeliaRayno/statuses/430892032400191488">February 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The Gophers will lose because they're without Andre Hollins, they're on the road, and they will be jet lagged as they haven't even left the Twin Cities yet.

The Gophers will lose because they're without Andre Hollins, they're on the road, and they will be jet lagged as they haven't even left the Twin Cities yet.

That's the spirit!

Orrrrr, they will win because they got to sleep in their own beds last night, they have come together with renewed energy and focus after struggling the past two games, they are tired of losing and this adversity has brought them even closer together with an “us against the world” mentality.

Orrrrr, they will win because they got to sleep in their own beds last night, they have come together with renewed energy and focus after struggling the past two games, they are tired of losing and this adversity has brought them even closer together with an “us against the world” mentality.

Let's hope you nailed it.

This is one we better not lose. Northwestern was so frustrating. The players' body language was horrible. Every time something went wrong, the players seemed to be thinking "oh no, here comes another February." We really need to shake that mentality off tonight.

That hour and a half charted flight and one hour time zone difference is going to be a killer. I bet they'll all be asleep by half time.

What I want to see Win or lose

1. Targets on T. Johnson and K. Stephens backs that they are 3pt shooters and should not be left alone, especially in transition.
2. A bounce back game from EE in the middle.
3. Good effort on the boards, Purdue is a great rebounding team.
4. Purdue is a team led by so and fr they can be rattled, hopefully the defense makes them.
5. Get to the free throw line MO, EE, and Mathieu especially.

**I do not expect us to win at Purdue without our best scorer but I expect us to play well enough to have a chance to win. I guess that makes me a realist.

T. Johnson is a bit like Crawford in his ability to drive and shoot with good size. Hopefully Austin can slow him down when in man to man.

This is one we better not lose. Northwestern was so frustrating. The players' body language was horrible. Every time something went wrong, the players seemed to be thinking "oh no, here comes another February." We really need to shake that mentality off tonight.

It seems that road victories are much easier in the Big Ten this year. Gophers need to get on board!

It seems that road victories are much easier in the Big Ten this year. Gophers need to get on board!

You are correct. It's been a good year to be a road team in the Big Ten. 56 games so far, and I think the road team has won 25 (44.6%).

Road wins =
Sparty (5)
Michigan (4)
Iowa, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin (3)
Indiana, Gophers, Penn State, Purdue (1)
Illinois, Nebraska (0)

Gophers need to get out of that hog pile at 1.

You are correct. It's been a good year to be a road team in the Big Ten. 56 games so far, and I think the road team has won 25 (44.6%).

Road wins =
Sparty (5)
Michigan (4)
Iowa, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin (3)
Indiana, Gophers, Penn State, Purdue (1)
Illinois, Nebraska (0)

Gophers need to get out of that hog pile at 1.

Wow, after you wrote that, I had to look it up. They haven't lost a conference game on the road this year!
Edit. Maybe my dumbest post of the year. Duh.....they only have one loss, so of course their road record is going to be good.

Wow, after you wrote that, I had to look it up. They haven't lost a conference game on the road this year!

Sparty hasn't lost a true road game all season. 2 L's at Breslin (North Carolina, Michigan) and the other one (Georgetown) @ a neutral site (Madison Square Garden). And it sounds like Payne will start playing again Thursday night vs. Penn State.

Interesting that tonight's games start at 5:30 and 7:30 as opposed to 6 and 8.

Both games are in the Eastern Time Zone so that's 6:30 and 8:30 out there.

Anyone worried that he's coming back too soon? Or is it just the ultimate defeatist in me?

Top Bottom