Game 2: Gophers host Lehigh (11-13-22)

Very interesting, I would have guessed defense would be easier but that is probably why on ball defense was good but not the team defense. I think I am most frustrated with the defense yesterday because I didn't understand how difficult it might be for young players and because the past couple years or so, the defense has been poor so I have been worried it has been conditioning, schemes, coaching or the players with the wrong temperment. Great post, love to learn new insight.
It's not impossible to say that some of the other things you mentioned might not also be in play to some extent in some cases. Just thinking that this seems to be a group that really wants to do the right things and excel. There are a lot of moving parts that need to come together to make the machine as a whole work properly.

To Whalen's credit she made halftime adjustments.

The players also did better, with a thrilling ending. And having just arrived, newbies.

Down the stretch Battle, Borowicz, Braun, Czinano, and Heyer. Virtually zero college minutes last season among them

And sophomore Micheaux who played last season.

Last edited:

To Whalen's credit she made halftime adjustments.

The players also did better, with a thrilling ending. And having just arrived, newbies.

Down the stretch Battle, Borowicz, Braun, Czinano, and Heyer. Virtually zero college minutes last season among them

And sophomore Micheaux who played last season.
Adjustments? Not defensively they gave up 42 in the first 57 in the second 🤷🏾‍♂️

Adjustments? Not defensively they gave up 42 in the first 57 in the second 🤷🏾‍♂️

Towards the end of the first half Lehigh led Gophers in rebounds by 3 (I made a note of that). Gophers finished the game +11 in rebounding.

In the first half Lehigh scored 3 more points than the Gophers. In the second half the Gophers scored 5 more points.

Later in the game Czinano got more minutes and generated some nice foul points. Gradwells's shots were cold so she didn't get later minutes.

Whalen drew up that final play for Battle to Braun.

Last edited:

Top Bottom