Game 2: Gophers host Lehigh (11-13-22)

The team is being carried by Braun, Micheaux, Battle and Borowicz.

Depth is not good. And Gradwell is not contributing much at small forward.

Now back to my drum beat about boxing out. In this picture Micheaux has made a shot that's approaching the rim.

Heyer gets boxed out since the ball is coming back.

Gradwell is looking at the ball and not boxing out.

1668378403392.png

This is a game the gophers should be up by double digits. The effort on defense is just not there.

OK, Heyer just made a 3 and then a tough 2.

Czinano is hussling and contributing. Maybe start over Gradwell?

Oh my God. Gophers are down by 1.

1.7 second left. Is there time to get a shot off?

Amaya Battle to inbound the pass.

Mara Braun runs through traffic to get open.

Battle to Braun.

Braun turns and shoots from 3 point range. 3 point shot on the way....

It's good!

MARA BRAUN!

1668380146530.png

1668380001519.png
1668380233916.png

1668380394530.png
1668380512909.png

1668380478270.png

Good young offensives players. Coach needs to step up the Defense was the same old… 99 to Lehigh…

And right before that, Braun made a critical steal.

Then Borowicz running along with the ballhandler punched the ball out for a steal and a layup score with 9 seconds left.

1668380963265.png

1668381055200.png

1668381126277.png

1668381166742.png

Obviously, Braun was terrific. But also great to see clutch plays by Katie B, and Czinano near the end of the game. And Battle with 17 points, 9 boards, 0 (yes, zero) turnovers. And some nice 4th quarter contributions from Heyer and good hustle from Rose. Hard to imagine that the Gophers had 4 freshman and 1 soph in at the end of the game. Defense obviously needs work, but kudos to Lehign. They have some players.

Awesome come back win but looking at the stats, Minnesota took 96 shots and Lehigh took 68. That's 28 more shots and it took a last second 3 point shot to win the game. Only 11 turnovers which was nice to see but the shooting (or lack thereof) really held the gophers back all game. Still glad to be 2-0 with lots of work to do, better than 1-1 with lots of work to do. Go Gophers!

Awesome come back win but looking at the stats, Minnesota took 96 shots and Lehigh took 68. That's 28 more shots and it took a last second 3 point shot to win the game. Only 11 turnovers which was nice to see but the shooting (or lack thereof) really held the gophers back all game. Still glad to be 2-0 with lots of work to do, better than 1-1 with lots of work to do. Go Gophers!
They took alot of bad shots which led to alot of easy buckets for Lehigh. Definitely gotta play smarter basketball and not force it. But being down 10 with about 6 minutes left and scratching and clawing to win the game with a bunch of youngsters was impressive. Braun and Battle are already so dam good, gonna be a fun 4 years with them.

Definitely impressive to come back from 10 down with freshman leading the way. Hopefully the gophers can build from this performance and not underestimate the bison this thursday. I'll be in attendance for that game.

Am i the only one having issues with the stream on BTN plus? Stream keeps saying “Stream not found” and going out.
I had the same problem. It went out a lot. I will see if I can watch the game again.

Share-it-and-shoot-it offense edged by one-on-five offense. Whalen was pretty much just along for the ride today-as were we all. Lehigh knew their offense and the Gophers couldn't stop the cuts through the paint or the threes-a deadly combo.

I repeat, please get some players to play with Braun

Also I’m a huge fan of Battle off the bench, because I love the production she brings…..butttt I don’t know how much longer she can not start.
I think they should consider rotating Katie and Battle for starting or just based on matchups for the starters on the opposing team.

Top Bottom