GAME #12: Gophers (9-2) v. Nebraska-Omaha (??) [12/20, BTN, 8:00PM]

Very pleased after the long layoff to hit 92 points tonight. OK, 1 more before the B1G season, and so I say.....

GO GOPHERS!!!

Glad they got tested tonight. That's good for the Gophers. Omaha's a solid squad.

Now finish with a light & fluffy cupcake (TAMU-CC sucks), and let's get this party (Big Ten) started.

Very little out of EE, Mo or King tonite, How you can miss shots from under the basket when you are 7 feet tall is beyond me. King's bad outlet pass and subsequent turnover at the offensive end was hard to fathom.

I really think UNO has a great chance to do some damage in the Summit. This win could end up being a nice one for the Gophers come tourney time.

One thing I noticed that didn't have a huge effect on the game but I really liked was having Austin up front on that press. I say keep him there whenever that press is on. The turnovers will start to come.

I could see Nebraska - Omaha in contention to win their conference and make it to the dance this year.

Like the gophs they are only one to two pieces away from being a very good team.

Very little out of EE, Mo or King tonite, How you can miss shots from under the basket when you are 7 feet tall is beyond me. King's bad outlet pass and subsequent turnover at the offensive end was hard to fathom.

EE had 10 points, 9 boards, and 4 steals.

Very impressed with UNO. Easily the 5th toughest of our 13 non-conference games.

Oto and Joey combined for 6 pts and 5 rebounds.

Sad thing is, 5 rebounds combined is actually not far off from their average (6.2) and an improvement over the last game (3). Buckles is averaging 14 points, 10 boards, and almost 2 blocks a game for FIU. If he was on this squad and just gave us 8 and 6 with a block a game he'd make all the difference in the world.

Sad thing is, 5 rebounds combined is actually not far off from their average (6.2) and an improvement over the last game (3). Buckles is averaging 14 points, 10 boards, and almost 2 blocks a game for FIU. If he was on this squad and just gave us 8 and 6 with a block a game he'd make all the difference in the world.

After looking at the box score I see they combined for only 22 minutes. Went with 4 guard line-up most close to half the game.

They're still in the transitional stage of their move to Division I. Not eligible for postseason play until 2016-17 season.

That is crazy. With only two years in the D1 they have proven to be competitive with bigger schools. I was really impressed.

With only two years in the D1 they have proven to be competitive with bigger schools. I was really impressed.

Agree. Hoping Omaha can have a really solid season, perhaps stay in the RPI top 100 in the event the Gophers are in need of some top 100 wins at the end of the season.

Agree. Hoping Omaha can have a really solid season, perhaps stay in the RPI top 100 in the event the Gophers are in need of some top 100 wins at the end of the season.

They are going to do just fine — this win will be considered solid at the end of the year. It has also shown me that we are in fact competitive in the big ten as Iowa — a team with much higher standing this year in the conference — struggled terribly with this team.

We are either rising to the occasion or Iowa, UNLV and the likes are terribly underperforming. I prefer to associate to the first point and not the later.

Let me preface this by saying this is only the second game I've watched because of BTN but was last nights offense what we can really expect from coach P's teams? I realize they had a long lay off since their last game and he doesn't have all of his players and he is new here but I didn't see much of an offensive game plan. Yes we scored a lot which was nice but I saw a lot of chaos and guys just running and throwing up a circus shot, chucking 3's up(our guys do have a green light to shoot so I kind of expected more of this anyway), and when we do have to play a half court offense I still see guys standing around a lot rather than running a play of any kind. Defense also seemed to be more of an issue last night anyway but was wondering if anyone who has seen the gophers more this year could tell me if this is typical of them? If it is then I'm not sure they can play with anyone who plays good defense at all whether we get defensively better or not because they will not be able to run down and throw up a shot or do a circus shot hoping to get a foul.

Top Bottom