FYI: The ticket office is now selling season tickets to new buyers

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I just reserved my set this morning. If you didn't get tickets last you and you want them this year you should call the ticket office ASAP. I wasn't given a lot to choose from. If you want a seat back anywhere, premium seats included, you'll be in the upper level at least 20 rows up. I don't care about seat backs so I was able to lock in at section 133 row 28.

Glad you picked up tickets. We need to sell this place out. Some of the stadium bandwagaon jumpers are leaving and we need some new Gopher blood to fill the seats.

so were you on a waiting list and they are now starting to go through that, or is all you had to do was call the ticket office and you can start buying season tickets?

I just called the ticket office to inquire about the seat upgrade process and they said they are still a month away from being complete with it?

so were you on a waiting list and they are now starting to go through that, or is all you had to do was call the ticket office and you can start buying season tickets?

I just called the ticket office to inquire about the seat upgrade process and they said they are still a month away from being complete with it?

I was on the waiting list and my order got filled over a week ago now. They are probably working both lists simultaneously.

I also called the TO this morning and they said they are still working through season ticket holder upgrade requests.

I was on the waiting list. I received an e-mail over the weekend telling me that seats were available based on the options I selected on the wait list form. I don't know anything about the upgrade process. I do know that I probably got better seats than I would have had I gotten regular season tickets last year since I had/have zero priority built up. I did pay a one time $100 donation though and I wouldn't have had to pay that last year so I guess that justifies it in my mind. My guess, if you call and say that you'd be willing to donate to the golden gopher fund in order to expedite the upgrade process, the ticket office would gladly oblige.

I was on the waiting list. I received an e-mail over the weekend telling me that seats were available based on the options I selected on the wait list form. I don't know anything about the upgrade process. I do know that I probably got better seats than I would have had I gotten regular season tickets last year since I had/have zero priority built up. I did pay a one time $100 donation though and I wouldn't have had to pay that last year so I guess that justifies it in my mind. My guess, if you call and say that you'd be willing to donate to the golden gopher fund in order to expedite the upgrade process, the ticket office would gladly oblige.

What you said, except I got my email a week earlier.

Isn't it kind of B.S....

that they are tapping people for donations to get into seats in the second year of the stadium when those exact same seats did not require a donation last year?

that they are tapping people for donations to get into seats in the second year of the stadium when those exact same seats did not require a donation last year?

Technically the seats themselves do not require a donation this year either. Basically we're using money to budge in front of other ticket buyers.

someone help me with this math...

I have been a season ticket holder for a while (not a long while, but a while - dating back to the last couple years in the dome). I currently have four tickets in the corner, section 133 next to the student section, 20-something rows up. I put in a change request to move closer to the middle of the field. I never heard anything back on it so I assumed my Gopher points or whatever didn't merit it. Oh well.

Then, a couple weeks ago, my brother in law called me to let me know that he was just offered 4 seats roughly 20 rows up in section 135 (the exact section I wanted to move to) as a brand new season ticket holder (had been on the waiting list). He didn't make any donations or anything to raise his Gopher points. Basically, he got "my" seats and was able to do so by just jumping on the bandwagon AFTER last season. Brand new to the scene and no extra $$. I actually helped him find the season ticket waiting list.

Technically the seats themselves do not require a donation this year either. Basically we're using money to budge in front of other ticket buyers.

What you said....and I have no problem with it.

So... we can assume that once they get through the waiting list, if these seats were still available, then they would NOT require a donation?

So they are trying to bring people into the fold off of the waiting list BEFORE attending to upgrade requests from season ticket holders who have already given them money in the past?

So... we can assume that once they get through the waiting list, if these seats were still available, then they would NOT require a donation?

Yes, looks like the plan to be done going through the waiting list by June 24th, per this link.

I have been a season ticket holder for a while (not a long while, but a while - dating back to the last couple years in the dome). I currently have four tickets in the corner, section 133 next to the student section, 20-something rows up. I put in a change request to move closer to the middle of the field. I never heard anything back on it so I assumed my Gopher points or whatever didn't merit it. Oh well.

Then, a couple weeks ago, my brother in law called me to let me know that he was just offered 4 seats roughly 20 rows up in section 135 (the exact section I wanted to move to) as a brand new season ticket holder (had been on the waiting list). He didn't make any donations or anything to raise his Gopher points. Basically, he got "my" seats and was able to do so by just jumping on the bandwagon AFTER last season. Brand new to the scene and no extra $$. I actually helped him find the season ticket waiting list.

That's messed up but it's also the risk you run when your upgrade process is manual. We all had to verbally write/type the upgrades we want. With no set procedure for allocating based on Gopher points I see numerous places where someone's request could slip through the cracks.

I never heard anything back on it so I assumed my Gopher points or whatever didn't merit it.

This brings up an interesting part of my experience. I submitted my wait list form back in January. In April I emailed the ticket office to find out the status of my request. Their initial response was that they didn't have a request from me. Then someone nicely took the time to double check and found that my contact information had been entered incorrectly. You may have fallen victim to a data entry error, which would be unfortunate.

Another thought is they may have taken all the requests and prioritized them by how best to maximize the seats that are available. I know some seats were left empty by the selection process from last year. It's not like an airplane where people don't mind as much being split up.

This brings up an interesting part of my experience. I submitted my wait list form back in January. In April I emailed the ticket office to find out the status of my request. Their initial response was that they didn't have a request from me. Then someone nicely took the time to double check and found that my contact information had been entered incorrectly. You may have fallen victim to a data entry error, which would be unfortunate.

Another thought is they may have taken all the requests and prioritized them by how best to maximize the seats that are available. I know some seats were left empty by the selection process from last year. It's not like an airplane where people don't mind as much being split up.

I was just thinking the other day about how strange it is that to apply for season tickets at a MAJOR university you have to fill out an app by hand, and then physically mail it in. No telling how many places that process could get mucked up.

Top Bottom