Future Trophy Game Schedules

Rog

Reaction score
Being an "old timer" The Jug is still the most desired trophy to be seen on our trophy case. So with Michigan in the East we won't be playing them every year. The "Bell" hasn't risen to the level of the other 3 and probably won't seeing that we don't play them every year. The "jugs" importance will probably decrease now that we don't play Michigan every year either.

Looking at future schedules, we play Penn State in 2016 and Michigan in 2017. We play neither in 2018 and 2019.

This means that the winner of that Penn State game will keep the Bell for 4 years and the winner of the Michigan game in 2017 will have the Jug for 3 years(and maybe more when the 2020 schedule is announced).

To me, the 2017 Michigan game is "Jug" important as it will remain in the winners trophy case for a number of years..

It looks to me that the Axe and Pig are on their way to being THEE most wanted (to some they already are) and the Jug and Bell will just be a part of History.

I think you're right about the Bell. The Jug, I think, might be in a similar boat, but it will take much much longer (if ever) for fans to say that the Jug isn't extremely important. Perhaps the scarcity of games against Michigan will serve to magnify those games' importance. Time will tell, I suppose.

Good thing we have new and exciting trophies to fill any potential voids:
The ultimate anti-establishment trophy: $5 Bits of Wooden Chair vs. Nebraska (brought to you by MFGoldy and FauxPelini).
The ultimate corporate-sponsored, but still with organic roots, trophy: The Dilly Bar in a Blizzard vs. tOSU (brought to you by Dairy Queen).

Keeping the Jug is number 1 for me. Always has been always will be.

the importance of the trophies will depend on who has them. if the jug is in Minneapolis and we don't play the wolverines for a few years it will put that much more on the line when you do play for it. the history will always be there and the fact that we retain it for several years is better if we have it and suck if we dont

the Bell is special in the fact that PSU's first game int he BT was with us

the other two will always be a dog fight as we do play every year and the fact that they are boarder battles

Axe is the most important trophy now and forever. Nothing is more important than beating the Badgers.

The Ax will be back next year. I actually see an Iowa type blowout next year at TCF. The allotted Badger visitor section will be hitting 94 East by mid 3rd quarter with the only exceptions being those passed out in the second deck with their faces lying in vomit. A fine way to welcome in the second coming of the Don Morton era.

Gentlemen, first time poster here. Been following along on this site for a while and decided to join in on the fun. Just a simple sports fan, no inside information to give. In fact, the closest I've been to college football is I played my last high school football game on Griggs Field at UMD. That doesn't mean my passion is lacking though. Gophers lose...I'm bumming for a few days. Gophers win...I'm good to go through next Saturday. Looking forward to contributing here.

As for the topic at hand, the Little Brown Jug and Paul Bunyan's Ax are 1a and 1b that flip-flop for me depending on how the rivalry is going for us. Growing up, it was all about the Jug. I'm 33 so I don't remember '86, but I do remember the constant beat-downs at the hands of the Wolverines through the nineties and 2000's. The win in the Big House in '05 was absolutely unreal for me. Now though, it's ALL about that damn ax!! We've carried off the Jug twice since the last time we beat *ucky. I'm so sick of watching them celebrate with it and seeing our series lead dwindle. That's the one we MUST win soon.

I enjoyed your post UncleSam'sMisguidedChild. looking forward to you posting more often now that you are signed up!

The Ax will be back next year. I actually see an Iowa type blowout next year at TCF. The allotted Badger visitor section will be hitting 94 East by mid 3rd quarter with the only exceptions being those passed out in the second deck with their faces lying in vomit. A fine way to welcome in the second coming of the Don Morton era.

You've posted this following the last few coaching changes they have had. You've been completely wrong every time. I'm betting heavily you will be wrong again. Badgers will be favorites to win the West next year again. And with Chryst and Aranda it's not ever going to be easy to beat them, let alone destroy them. And I beleive they have the highest rated recruiting class in the West by far, even in light of Anderson bolting.

You've posted this following the last few coaching changes they have had. You've been completely wrong every time. I'm betting heavily you will be wrong again. Badgers will be favorites to win the West next year again. And with Chryst and Aranda it's not ever going to be easy to beat them, let alone destroy them. And I beleive they have the highest rated recruiting class in the West by far, even in light of Anderson bolting.

59-0...does that ring a bell? I predicted Wisconsin would lose to LSU. The year before I predicted they would lose the battle in the desert against Arizona State. In 2012 I predicted the huge upset loss against Oregon State 10-7. We know who you are DC Badger. Happy 59-0 F---ING Holidays!

Sounds delicious.

Remember - Strawberry Shortcake is a dessert - and deserts are nothing but Sand.
Have you ever double clicked the same letter on your I-phone? Chill out my good man. Guys like you
are constantly correcting people on the most miniscule of things. I pity your significant other.

Have you ever double clicked the same letter on your I-phone? Chill out my good man. Guys like you
are constantly correcting people on the most miniscule of things. I pity your significant other.

I have no significant other. I don't anticipate having one in the future either. I find that there are no humans who can tolerate my incessant shaming of their person upon the slightest instance of imperfection. Internet message boards are the closest I come to finding positive human interaction, what with their being known as havens of perfect grammar, spelling, and etiquette.

Please don't ruin internet message boards for me, ruppertflywheel. Double check everything you post here, or I will be forced to correct you without impunity. And if you don't believe me, you can go back in my post history and find that at least 30% of all my posts are spent righting the many typographical errors of Gopherhole's otherwise fine individuals.

:rolleyes: Salty, this one. :rolleyes:

I have no significant other. I don't anticipate having one in the future either. I find that there are no humans who can tolerate my incessant shaming of their person upon the slightest instance of imperfection. Internet message boards are the closest I come to finding positive human interaction, what with their being known as havens of perfect grammar, spelling, and etiquette.

Please don't ruin internet message boards for me, ruppertflywheel. Double check everything you post here, or I will be forced to correct you without impunity. And if you don't believe me, you can go back in my post history and find that at least 30% of all my posts are spent righting the many typographical errors of Gopherhole's otherwise fine individuals.

:rolleyes: Salty, this one. :rolleyes:

Lol...I've probably been the focal point of most of your corrected posts.

59-0...does that ring a bell? I predicted Wisconsin would lose to LSU. The year before I predicted they would lose the battle in the desert against Arizona State. In 2012 I predicted the huge upset loss against Oregon State 10-7. !

Of course you did. And I'm no Badger.

Top Bottom