Funny how the trolls just dissapear...

Gopherprof

Reaction score
...after a win.

After last week I simply couldn't take it anymore and blocked about 15 people who do nothing but complain and make countless threads that all get back to the same two points (hate Brewster, hate Weber).

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single post saying "so and so is blocked". Not one. I find it interesting that these "fans" are always quick to say how upset they are because they care about the program, but evidently not enough to actually show up and discuss our biggest win in three years. I'm not really even much of a homer fan, I like to point out the negatives and the positives, it's just interesting what a lack of discussion a win brings out from a few of the regulars.

Ha. Funny how a guy with a graduate degree misspells disappear in the title too...

Prof... I offen mispel wurds. Know bigg deel.

Do you know what a troll is? You need to take internet 101 not English. Well, maybe both.

A troll to me would be anyone that makes posts that are either inflammatory or irrelevant (or both) just for the sake of starting *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

Considering how few of the trolls are here to talk about the team when things go right, seems to back that up. Thanks for taking one for their team though.

I don't know if you consider me a troll or not but I was a little too hung over after the game and the ensuing celebration to get on the internet and measure cocks or whatever. :|

e: Seriously though if you have to block people then you're not cut out for the internet.

Some of them aren't gone. Simply exchange "Brewster must go because of Weber" or "losing" with "Brewster must go because of penalties! :banghead::banghead:

I dunno dawg, that was pretty bad. Regardless anyone outright calling for Brewster's dismissal at this point is either trolling or letting their emotions get the better of them. I think it's more the latter than the former.

I dunno dawg, that was pretty bad. Regardless anyone outright calling for Brewster's dismissal at this point is either trolling or letting their emotions get the better of them. I think it's more the latter than the former.

That's why I typed "some".;), but I agree with your point.

I don't know if you consider me a troll or not but I was a little too hung over after the game and the ensuing celebration to get on the internet and measure cocks or whatever. :|

e: Seriously though if you have to block people then you're not cut out for the internet.
It's Sunday, pretty far removed at this point, unless you drank for almost 24 hours straight, in which case I would suggest medical attention.

I'm fine with people making arguments, but there are a lot of people that just start *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# for the sake of starting *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. I don't know why anyone wouldn't block them. In a lot of places those people are simply banned in a matter of days.

I can't remember specifically who, but the "We are...Indiana" and the one about Brewster being fired if he went 4-8 were both particularly awful. Add in the 9,000 other threads about Brewster and Weber and it just gets old. If they had substance it would be one thing, but usually it's not even centered around specifics or debate, it's just flaming.

I usually like your posts. You try to make sense.

I rolled out of bed just in time this afternoon to start drinking again for the Vikings game. ;)

I don't drink often, so when I do I make it count damn it.

I rolled out of bed just in time this afternoon to start drinking again for the Vikings game. ;)

I don't drink often, so when I do I make it count damn it.

That's a winning strategy in my book!

...after a win.

After last week I simply couldn't take it anymore and blocked about 15 people who do nothing but complain and make countless threads that all get back to the same two points (hate Brewster, hate Weber).

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single post saying "so and so is blocked". Not one. I find it interesting that these "fans" are always quick to say how upset they are because they care about the program, but evidently not enough to actually show up and discuss our biggest win in three years. I'm not really even much of a homer fan, I like to point out the negatives and the positives, it's just interesting what a lack of discussion a win brings out from a few of the regulars.

I was going to post this morning, Fire Weber, Bench Brewster just for fun, but didn't get in front of a computer until a bit ago for a variety of reasons. Winning helps, without a doubt, but we won't win many games giving up 150+ yards in penalties, so I'll enjoy the win, but be concerned that we let MSU back into the game with a lot of dumb penalties in a game that we should have won going away.

Blame the refs if you want, but there was less wrong with the calls they made against us then with the calls they "missed" on MSU. We fix the errors of discipline and execution, the refs don't have a chance to blow the game for us.

Even with all of that, we're 5-4 and MSU is not. Never hurts to get lucky along the way and really, when was the last time "luck" like this has gone our way?

I don't consider us lucky at all for that game. Even if you take away the immaculate reception we still win the game.

Yes, we let them back in the game with some mistakes, but that's a small part of the bigger story, which is we put up 500 yards scored 42 points against a team that held its previous 4 opponents to 20 points or less, including Iowa. The fact that we even could let them back in and still win is a positive sign.

It was a big win.

On avarege, I think most reasonable peole were thinking 7-5 with a bowl victory (8-5) would make for a good year. Some people obviosuly tied ther personal sanity to Minnesota winning the conference or soemthing this year.

As it turns out, the wins against Wisconsin and MSU were flip-flopped from what most of us had in mind. But this year MSU is worse than expected, and Wisconsin was better than expected.

Illinois and SDSU are both shaping up to be bigger games than they looked like a few weeks ago. Illinois played very well yesterday and SDSU is looking like a serious contender for the FCS National Championship. But I expect Minnesota execute, and to be 7-4 going into Iowa.

Top Bottom