Funny Comment on Hightower

UofM Fan

Reaction score
I don't get a chance to get to many games but i text back in forth to friends at the games.

After talking to a friend after the game today he told me that his phone has now programed itself so that anytime he types f*ing into his phone Hightower automatically comes up as the next word.

Pretty amazing that this guy can make so many poor calls/no calls and still refs so many high profile games. I guess he needs to take the phones advice and change his name to Ed F. Hightower

Did anyone else notice that late in the game there was a 30 second time out and Hightower spent almost the entire timeout INSIDE of UW's huddle? I couldn't believe how much of an earful he allowed Bo to give him.

Go Gophers!!

I don't get a chance to get to many games but i text back in forth to friends at the games.

After talking to a friend after the game today he told me that his phone has now programed itself so that anytime he types f*ing into his phone Hightower automatically comes up as the next word.

Pretty amazing that this guy can make so many poor calls/no calls and still refs so many high profile games. I guess he needs to take the phones advice and change his name to Ed F. Hightower

He might make a good 7th or 8th grade ref. When the kids get in a fight, at least he'll have them get together and slap hands and kiss and make up. All that said, Hightower himself neither helped nor hurt the Gophers, as a whole, tonight.

Did anyone else notice that late in the game there was a 30 second time out and Hightower spent almost the entire timeout INSIDE of UW's huddle? I couldn't believe how much of an earful he allowed Bo to give him.

Go Gophers!!

I noticed the same thing. LOL

I figured he when there as a "safe haven" from Tubby.

My biggest beef with the officiating in the game last night was the inconsistencies. I don't think either team got the better of these, as their were horrible calls and horrible non-calls both ways.

By the second half it seemed like, possession to possession, no one was sure whether it was going to be called tight or if the refs were going to let it get physical.

Yeah, the announcers were commenting on that fact too. You know the officiating is bad when the announcers start criticizing it.

Eddie Hightower is to college refereeing as Dick Vitale is to College Color analysis.

As usual there were a lot of missed calls and bad calls, but overall the FT and PF difference wasn't bad, Gophers were +2 in FT with 7 coming in the waning minutes and Wisc was +3 in PF. As long as reffing was both sides, I'm okay, and also because WE WON!!!

As usual there were a lot of missed calls and bad calls, but overall the FT and PF difference wasn't bad, Gophers were +2 in FT with 7 coming in the waning minutes and Wisc was +3 in PF. As long as reffing was both sides, I'm okay, and also because WE WON!!!

It was bad on both sides. But what really got my mad was the "charge" call that wiped away a likely 3 points. We had the momentum, and then the "charge" wiped that away too.

We won because Westbrook made his usual bad decisions look glorious.

Top Bottom