Fundraiser for a new clock at Williams

jimmyvalvanoguy

Beleive
Reaction score
We should solicit Lu Nanny to raise money for a new clock at Williams. Not the reason we lost fully but shouldn't the refs have stopped play when it malfunctioned? What if Iowa would have missed the shot clock? Wold the refs have waved off the bucket? I think when there is a clock malfunction they should stop play and get it right. That is the reason we have replay, etc.

I was thinking the same thing. Then I heard tollackson in the post game say it was an official error. He evidently accidentally bumped a button on his belt that can also stop the clock. If he knew that he had done that he was supposed to stop the game at that point and reset the clock. Then restart play. Official error - new clock is off the hook.

Yup. That is user error, not clock error.

Refs have always been terrible, but I think they are getting worse. Horrible missed calls on both sides tonight. Guys just getting hacked, grabbed, and held...no calls.
Brutal.

Yup. That is user error, not clock error.

Refs have always been terrible, but I think they are getting worse. Horrible missed calls on both sides tonight. Guys just getting hacked, grabbed, and held...no calls.
Brutal.

I think the refs performed better than the Gophers did for large chunks of the game.

Top Bottom