Fun Fact

GSLgopher

Reaction score
Ran across this yesterday on twitter from Michael Signora, who tweets for NFLFootballinfo.
"Fact on snow removal at TCF Bank Stdm in Min...if snow removed was on typical city sidewalk, would be 3 feet deep for 65 miles"

Nice! I saw a different version of the same general fact. If all the snow removed were put onto the field itself the depth of the snow would have been 20 feet.

If you laid every Vikings cheerleader, end to end, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Nice!

Any report on how many truck loads they carried out of the stadium?

U says it was 40 cubic yards. Don't know how many dump trucks that is. ;)

U says it was 40 cubic yards. Don't know how many dump trucks that is. ;)

Not possible, where did you hear that? A dump truck is probably around 10 cubic yards. If the stat above is correct, it would be 100 yards x 50 yards x 20 feet = 33,333 cubic yards. That seems like way too much if that is indeed 3,333 truck loads.

If you look in the comments below the post, they acknowledge that they left out 3 zeros. Should be 40,000. That's incredible!

Yea, at the time I saw it those comments weren't there. And at the end of a long day I didn't stop to do any math before posting it. :)

If you look in the comments below the post, they acknowledge that they left out 3 zeros. Should be 40,000. That's incredible!

I'm sure Frattalone loved the exposure too. I bet they are getting Christmas bonuses this year!

Top Bottom