Fuller with update on Devoe

Rouser

Reaction score
Sorry is posted already....

Fuller from late last night..

Hearing that Joseph's suspension likely similar to Bostick's last yr. That means Joseph returns after the Virginia game. Out seven games

Next man up

Some good can come out of this. Next man up, they say. One man's loss is another man's opportunity. Some other guys are going to get more minutes to show what they can do. Certainly Al, Rodney & Hollins (and maybe Chip?) will be leaned on more heavily, and it likely becomes more necessary that Blake get us double digits every night until Devoe returns.

Looking forward to seeing how the Gophers handle this. Provided Al is healthy until Devoe's return, I suspect the Gophers will answer the bell just fine.

Assuming we don't dig too much of a hole, guessing it could be a blessing in disguise if Devoe does come back in mid December. Hollins, Chip, etc., will get more minutes and be in a better position to help down the road.

For the time being let's go with Devoe being out 7 games (at the max). I'd say it's pretty important the Gophers get out of that stretch 6-1, absolutely no worse than 5-2. It will be important they pick up a decent win or two among those 5-6 wins, i.e. a Wofford, a Virginia or more importantly at least one credible win (Western Kentucky, UNC, West Virginia, Vandy) in Puerto Rico.

I agree but I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 losses now...just because the schedule starts out tough with no room for error to work new guys in... Ironically, if we beat Western KY, we prob have a better shot at losing 2 games in PR versus if we lose that first game.

"Ironically, if we beat Western KY, we prob have a better shot at losing 2 games in PR versus if we lose that first game."

So true. But the loser's bracket isn't likely to help the Gophers' strength of schedule, or afford them the same opportunity for a quality win (or two) as the winner's bracket.

Some good can come out of this. Next man up, they say. One man's loss is another man's opportunity. Some other guys are going to get more minutes to show what they can do. Certainly Al, Rodney & Hollins (and maybe Chip?) will be leaned on more heavily, and it likely becomes more necessary that Blake get us double digits every night until Devoe returns.

I completely agree.

"Ironically, if we beat Western KY, we prob have a better shot at losing 2 games in PR versus if we lose that first game."

So true. But the loser's bracket isn't likely to help the Gophers' strength of schedule, or afford them the same opportunity for a quality win (or two) as the winner's bracket.

I agree, need to win the 1st one and worry about the others later.

Yes take the win and then win the next one or two. The two losses to the other qualifiers would be better than the original loss to W. KY.

Top Bottom