FSN: Top 5 returning Gopher Football players

Nothing against Eskeridge, but I feel that Bennett, if healthy, will be the primary back this season. Other than that, good list.

Nothing against Eskeridge, but I feel that Bennett, if healthy, will be the primary back this season. Other than that, good list.

I think they're both extremely average, but serviceable, backs. With both of them, you know exactly what you will and won't get out of them.

I'm going to go out on an uneducated and uninformed limb and say that Edwards will be the breakout back of the group. Maybe that's just me hoping we'll have some kind of new stud, standout RB, instead of the same thing we've had for the past few years.

That is a well thought out list of returning impact players for the Gophers. I only would have listed Stoudermire in the #1 spot. He is the team's most outstanding athlete.

I think those those quotes from Coach are the most positive I've heard from him since he got here. It's nice to hear him say (affirm) that we have some things going for us.

I like that Brandon Beal is flying under the radar, at least with the local media. From what I have witnessed at the spring practices so far, he will be our best LB and will have the biggest impact on improving our defense (with troy coming in at #2). That being said, the key to improving our defense still rests upon the staff finding players to put pressure on the QB (KGM and D.L. please stand up?)

I like that Brandon Beal is flying under the radar, at least with the local media. From what I have witnessed at the spring practices so far, he will be our best LB and will have the biggest impact on improving our defense (with troy coming in at #2). That being said, the key to improving our defense still rests upon the staff finding players to put pressure on the QB (KGM and D.L. please stand up?)

Personally I'd rather they stand their opposing linemen up to get around them easier ;)

But I completely agree. It all starts up front and a good DL will make everyone else look better.

Personally I'd rather they stand their opposing linemen up to get around them easier ;)

But I completely agree. It all starts up front and a good DL will make everyone else look better.

The old radar defense (11 men standing), I haven't seen that in decades.

Agree - Bennett is definitly their #1 back. He will have a solid 2011. I dont think Derek Wetmore watches much Gopher football.

Top Bottom