FSN: Relieved of cumbersome steel rod, Gophers' Christenson, leg feeling fine

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

Thanks to the wonders of modern medicine, and a long steel rod inserted into his left leg, Christenson not only resumed walking but returned to the football field the following season. After flying back from Bloomington, Ind., Christenson had surgery the next day. The rod was inserted into his bone and was attached by several screws.

There was pain -- plenty of it -- but Christenson pushed through it. He wound up playing in 12 of Minnesota's games this past season and made his first start of the year in the Gophers' appearance in the Citrus Bowl against Missouri when he lined up at right guard.

"It definitely got better as the season went on. That's why I was able to start in the Missouri game," Christenson said. "But it was something that was just nagging where the break was. It was always sore. It was causing some soft tissue aggravation in the top of my knee. Just being able to get that rod out has been amazing. I feel great now. I just can't wait to get back into things."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...phers-jon-christenson-leg-feeling-fine-040715

Go Gophers!!

Offensive linemen are the toughest guys in sports, just take an amazing amount of physical abuse and keep going.

Top Bottom