FSN: Questions abound for Gophers at RB, WR & QB in 2015

Peppers and Timms are two guys I'm wondering about. Were Stelter and Ndondo-Lay just that much better prospects coming in or are the coaches upset with those guys? Nebraska went after Peppers late in the recruiting process, I have to assume he has talent. I realize he was only a redshirt freshman but it's a little disappointing he didn't get on the field considering how inexperienced we were at DT other than Botticelli.
I recall Timms getting hurt early in the season, I don't know that he ever fully recovered.

One thing about freshmen their bodies are still maturing. I'm sure that Stelter and Elmore will both be between 285 and 290 next year rather than the 265 and 268 they played at this year.

This is precisely the problem. these guys are FRESHMEN who are forced to play. They don't have the mass to play and hold up over the season. Besides, I see both these guys as DEs going forward. One of the underrated guys 2yrs ago was Roland Johnson. He complemented 'Shede very well. We simply didn't have that type of guy last year.

I believe Kill did mention Timms was injured early in the season. As for the posts about Peppers, what happened to him last year? I too was surprised he never saw the field. Was he injured? never heard it mentioned during the season.

This is precisely the problem. these guys are FRESHMEN who are forced to play. They don't have the mass to play and hold up over the season. Besides, I see both these guys as DEs going forward. One of the underrated guys 2yrs ago was Roland Johnson. He complemented 'Shede very well. We simply didn't have that type of guy last year.

I believe Kill did mention Timms was injured early in the season. As for the posts about Peppers, what happened to him last year? I too was surprised he never saw the field. Was he injured? never heard it mentioned during the season.

I think I remember a quote from Kill early in the season saying he "has a long ways to go". That could mean a few things, but obviously the coaches didn't think he was ready.

Demaris Peppers

I think I remember a quote from Kill early in the season saying he "has a long ways to go". That could mean a few things, but obviously the coaches didn't think he was ready.

I was at fall camp last year and peppers got into a fight with Tommy Olson and was acting like a child essentially and Kill told him to get off the field. Then other players came in and tried to calm him down. I remember laughing at Damien Wilson because he was laughing at Peppers when he was slapping his back.

After that incident I do not ever remember seeing Peppers.

I agree. At what point do we hold these position coaches accountable? Some of these position groups are underperforming is Kill loyal to a fault to some of his staff?A MLB led the team in sacks with 4 or 5. Let that sink in
1) Good DL is the hardest position to recruit
2) They don't take as long to develop as olinemen, but adding good body weight does not happen over night legally
3) Given that CoachPhelps just won an award, and is giving a presentation at the football coaches convention, other peoples' view of how he is doing probably is slightly better than yours.
4) I expected the power teams to kill us this year playing four true freshmen Dlinemen in the rotation. Did not happen. Phelps and Claeys did a great job. (Claeys helps with dline coaching when necessary by the way.)

I was at fall camp last year and peppers got into a fight with Tommy Olson and was acting like a child essentially and Kill told him to get off the field. Then other players came in and tried to calm him down. I remember laughing at Damien Wilson because he was laughing at Peppers when he was slapping his back.

After that incident I do not ever remember seeing Peppers.
My impression is that he has the ability, but needs to take day to day responsibilities and practice effort more seriously.

a full year later and my opinion has not changed. Leidner is not the QB to take MN to the Big Ten Championship game.

a full year later and my opinion has not changed. Leidner is not the QB to take MN to the Big Ten Championship game.

Shocking that ur opinion hasn't changed- but nobody asked you Mr. Nelson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the above update but there is really no need for anymore. I think we all know where you stand on this subject by now. The operative word you should be using is wait!

Top Bottom