FSN Adding More Games But...

MennoSota

Reaction score
No one with a streaming site can watch Gopher hockey because FSN refuses to accept a negotiation with YoutubeTV, Sling or other streaming sites.

I refuse to kowtow to comcast, therefore I will not be watching any Gopher hockey as long as FSN is the broadcaster. If UMN wants a broader audience they will need to find a better broadcaster than FSN or FSN will have to get their sh!t together.

Don't blame the U for that. Many of us will be watching. If you really want to see them, pay 10 bucks a month for BTN+.

Are all the games streamed on BTN+?
I believe any game on FSN will be on BTN+.
Any game on BTN probably will not be.
Series at ND on NBC Sports, series at PSU and OSU TBD
Last series of the year and the most hypes against UM at Mariucci TBD but will surely need to be televised.

No one with a streaming site can watch Gopher hockey because FSN refuses to accept a negotiation with YoutubeTV, Sling or other streaming sites.

I refuse to kowtow to comcast, therefore I will not be watching any Gopher hockey as long as FSN is the broadcaster. If UMN wants a broader audience they will need to find a better broadcaster than FSN or FSN will have to get their sh!t together.
FSN, now known as the "Bally's Network", has announced that they're coming out with a direct-to-consumer subscription service. So instead of partnering with YTTV or such, you'll need to pay a separate subscription fee, like you do for BTN+ or ESPN+

FSN, now known as the "Bally's Network", has announced that they're coming out with a direct-to-consumer subscription service. So instead of partnering with YTTV or such, you'll need to pay a separate subscription fee, like you do for BTN+ or ESPN+
That's a ways away. And the Twins/Wolves will likely bail on them if they do that. They can just re-launch Victory Sports and cut out the middle man if all Sinclaire is going to do is have a paid app.

Good to know. I had suggested they create a monthly pay for their app. Then I just download the app and stream the games.

That's a ways away. And the Twins/Wolves will likely bail on them if they do that. They can just re-launch Victory Sports and cut out the middle man if all Sinclaire is going to do is have a paid app.
Not sure I follow. So you're saying Victory Sports would be available as a app? As I recall no one would pick them up for a cable package of sort.

Not sure I follow. So you're saying Victory Sports would be available as a app? As I recall no one would pick them up for a cable package of sort.
Yes. Sports via app wasn't really a thing in 2003. If Sinclaire is going to forgo cable providers with an app they charge us for, there's no reason for the Twins to do a deal with them. They can just as easily run their own app.

As long as they are not on Fox 9+. They can't even figure out how to add on screen graphics displaying the remaining time and the score.

Top Bottom