Frost's response to PJ Fleck's comments

Pretty funny to hear some die hard husker people say that Minnesota should be insulted for not having skill than Nebraska and it’s flecks fault. Could you imagine making that statement 8-12 years ago?
20?

He makes unnecessary statements that tend to anger, or even insult, people.

You can tell that writer knows nothing about PJ right there.

I don't think it the comment waa about frost. They were playing a team that generally recruits better than MN.

PJ in the hype video was using the same phrase talking to the players. I doubt he was talking about frost to the players.

This beef is way overblown by Nebraska media and media members like Souhan took the culture versus skill way out of context, same with Frost comments. Nebraska is competitor and they don't like losing to Minnesota. SOUHAN, IN his own arrogance thinks Fleck took shot at his own players when clearly he did not. This culture versus skill is a shot at the media and outsiders like us even fans that don't believe Minnesota can out recruit, or have better skill than Nebraska. On paper Nebraska based on recruits and rankings should be better than Minnesota, frankly they do have a few more explosive athletes than we do. Gophers outplayed them and had better energy and effort, that's coaching and building people up as players. If coach Fleck didn't believe in his players or program why else would he be here? We see the Gophers, they have skill and we know we mix in some good players, but we are not at the level that Wisconsin and Iowa have been. Obviously we have shown Nebraska a lot more respect than they have ever shown the Gophers. At some point Frost and their fans will shut up because the Gophers keep beating them. On to Maryland beat the Terps!

Last edited:

A good culture develops players and sends them to the NFL. Fleck has sent quite a few players to the NFL who weren't 4-star recruits. Frost not so much. We have better skill and better culture because we have the better coach. But apparently we'll have to beat them again before the Husker fans see what we already know.

Glass houses?(Read caption under photo):
616b35671f429.image.jpg

Nebraska safety Deontai Williams (8) picks off a pass intended for Minnesota's Latrelle Neville (right) but gets injured on the third-quarter play as Cam Taylor-Britt looks upfield on Saturday at Huntington Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
FRANCIS GARDLER, JOURNAL STAR

I didn't know that Chris Autman-Bell changed his name.:rolleyes:

Article states that if Ameer Abdullah and Randy Gregory were still playing Nebraska would have prevailed. Funny thing is, that Minnesota beat Nebraska when they WERE playing. In fact, Ameer was involved in a KEY play that led to one of our victories.

Article states that if Ameer Abdullah and Randy Gregory were still playing Nebraska would have prevailed. Funny thing is, that Minnesota beat Nebraska when they WERE playing. In fact, Ameer was involved in a KEY play that led to one of our victories.
Yes. The article is garbage all the way around.

That may be true, but if you put together a team of former huskers, comprised of only former 1st and 2nd round draft picks, at all positions, they would probably beat this current Gopher team.

Unless they were coached by Frost. Then…probably not.

Last edited:

Both were involved in two gopher victories. Also Culture eats skill for breakfast all day, every day. Your culture allows people to maximize there abilities, the great coaches in any sport will not compromise it in any form.

Do we think our natives are restless when the boat leaks? Nothing compared to what's happening in Lincoln NE with the Children of the Corn .

I can't believe how much traction this comment by Fleck has picked up. I think he just made that comment because the Gophers entered the game as underdogs and both top running backs were out.

Like it's a way to say, this isn't the 2019 team, we lost Mo and Nebraska just played well against three top 10 teams, and the Gophers still found a way to win. It was a simple way to say the team came together convincingly against an opponent that had been favored.

He was selling culture vs skill all week to his players, meaning Nebraska had all the recruiting stars and were favored in the game. It was strictly a motivation tool that Fleck decided to use last week based on comments by Frost and what was predicted on paper. Fleck pays attention to what is said and that could destroy him if things ever do go sour. I can only imagine the negative recruiting that goes on against Fleck. He knows what is said on the road. He truly believes his culture is better than any other and I can't disagree with him right now.

Wonder what the motivation will be this week to bounce back with another 1-0 week.

He was selling culture vs skill all week to his players, meaning Nebraska had all the recruiting stars and were favored in the game. It was strictly a motivation tool that Fleck decided to use last week based on comments by Frost and what was predicted on paper. Fleck pays attention to what is said and that could destroy him if things ever do go sour. I can only imagine the negative recruiting that goes on against Fleck. He knows what is said on the road. He truly believes his culture is better than any other and I can't disagree with him right now.

Wonder what the motivation will be this week to bounce back with another 1-0 week.
The motivation this week is Maryland beat us last year barely by a missed kick and we owe those guys. This game is an important game towards the rest of our season and we need to see the Gophers win to keep the momentum going.

Frost is pushing that Martinez was injured and that explains his few running yards against the Gophers. He looked fine to me and I've seen every one of his games. The Gopher defense boxed him in, per coaches' instructions not to rush over or past him, but to keep him in the pocket.

Pretty funny to hear some die hard husker people say that Minnesota should be insulted for not having skill than Nebraska and it’s flecks fault. Could you imagine making that statement 8-12 years ago?
20?
Nebraska fans seem to really buy into the little stars and numbers when it comes to recruiting.

I say the team that won has more talent.

Glass houses?(Read caption under photo):
616b35671f429.image.jpg

Nebraska safety Deontai Williams (8) picks off a pass intended for Minnesota's Latrelle Neville (right) but gets injured on the third-quarter play as Cam Taylor-Britt looks upfield on Saturday at Huntington Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
FRANCIS GARDLER, JOURNAL STAR

I didn't know that Chris Autman-Bell changed his name.:rolleyes:
Whoops....looks like the caption writer forgot to glance at the other team's roster.... :)

Top Bottom