from the Guy who successfully predicted the Indiana loss-- SIlver linings to the yr!

They both have me going around and around like the big blade on one of those black ""Hellicopters"" .

UG269

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground629
Are missed-layup and millions2spare the same person? Both Indiana, both similar level of posting, I keep mixing you two up.

I have to admit wondering that myself.

:confused:

Can we get an IP check?

Check away....While you are busy trying to prove your conspiracy theories at least stick to chatting hoops as that is what this room is for.

Hey M2S, whoever you are - " The Eagle will be red at Midnight", I repeat "The Eagle will be red at Midnight"....

Amazing.

2 members that post nearly identical ideas, rag on the program and every player on the team, joined in the same week, and both say they're from Indiana; I can't understand why ANYONE would think that you guys are the same person. Just crazy talk :rolleyes:

Wow! so if someone rags on Colton Iverson, and I say the gophers are NIT bound we are the same person? Black Hellicopters!

Clever that you changed your location from Bensonville, IN to Beverly Shores after you were caught...so smooth...

What is smooth about switching your home town from one place in IN to another if you are trying to avoid being "caught"?

Friend of Tubby, you are no friend of Tubby acting like you are. What is it like going through life not having anything productive to add to the conversation? You just assault people. You fit the profile of a laptop thief. Try talking hoops and leave the insults for your internet dates....

Moonlight, What if M2S is disabled or something?. Maybe he has to navigate his cursor via a straw on his chin or something. Your petty attempts to be a cyber-Bully might actually hurt people. Start thinking about the bigger picture. I've been beat down so many times on this site in my short time here that unlike my high school days I am going to stick up for myself and other people who just want to talk hoops.
Spare me. I've worked w/handicapped people and all they want is to be treated the way everyone else is treated so if someone writing with a straw is an ass writing obnoxious crap, they should should be responded to appropriately.
But hey - you go girl! Glad you're not going to take it anymore!

Spare me. I've worked w/handicapped people and all they want is to be treated the way everyone else is treated so if someone writing with a straw is an ass writing obnoxious crap, they should should be responded to appropriately.
But hey - you go girl! Glad you're not going to take it anymore!

You rip on a few simple spelling errors without having a clue who you are talking to. If you feel better about yourself for behaving this way then you need to watch a lot more Opera, get in touch with your inner-self, analyze your childhood years from ages 4-8, and determine what went wrong. Then you go get those pills that fix your imbalance, pop them for a few months and hope to heck you stay "balanced", and the term "he had a good day" becomes a welcomed phrase around your house when people reference you.

I was wondering what happened to Bronko. I actually didn't really have a problem with him or see why he should've been banned. I'd ban art or upnorth among others before bronko. I did just notice a post by something like ghostofbronko though.

underground629...from what I have read from these two, they both make Bronko, who was banned, look like a nice guy.

*Ridicule, you mean. Jk. Anyway, I don't know where you are getting that idea about us being content with losing. If anyone wants us to lose it's you so that you can say you predicted it. Just because we aren't ready to write the season off and biitch about the team on here doesn't mean we're okay with mediocrity.

you boyz are just threatened by some people who challenge your status quo.
You are happy with a loss to Michstate, think that being a nice guy and going to class represents the University well, and are big fans of moral victory's.
You riducule spelling errors, call people names who you disagree with (a very good tactic of the political left)--you can never debate content or opinion. Let me just say that this is BIG Time college hoops. I expect the team members to Graduate, play hard and WIN.

Anything less of that is mediocre----just like your life.

Notice "they" back each other up also. Sad.

Amazing.

2 members that post nearly identical ideas, rag on the program and every player on the team, joined in the same week, and both say they're from Indiana; I can't understand why ANYONE would think that you guys are the same person. Just crazy talk :rolleyes:

Friend of Tubby, Dr. Don, MRJ -

Why do you attack everyone that posts something in the chat rooms? Not to lecture you but if you disagree with a point someone makes why don't you suggest why they might be wrong, give your opinion of what is right and have a descent discussion about it. You might actually change someones mind. Your current approach of going around calling people "Trolls", "Idiots", assaults on menial spelling errors etc just is not effective. You guys are pretty tough behind your computer screens.

I personally think M2L has made some good points and its worth a discussion. I cannot disagree with anything that was said. As a matter of fact, who else in this chatroom predicted a loss to Indiana? I sure did not and I use computer modeling techniques to make predictions (That should tells you what they are worth).

For the record, I've never called anyone an idiot. On top of that, all I've noticed about the two new posters from Indiana that have arrived lately is that they make completely outlandish suggestions (Iverson should transfer to a D2 school), and think that an unfounded rumor heard through heresay counts as fact (Tubby looking at the DePaul job).

If you want my explanations of why I disagree with such things, here goes:

1. Iverson is only a sophomore. Whether he's progressed or regressed isn't the point. The point is that he's a sophomore. In other words, he's got two more years left, which means that he's got two more years to still play and improve. So no, I don't see the point in saying "he needs to be playing D2 ball." In fact, that's a rather trollish statement to make, so if it gets called out, so be it.

2. In regards to the DePaul job, Tubby has said many times how much he likes Minnesota and has gone as far as to say he's not interested in any other jobs. Taking that into account, I'll take his previous statements as fact anytime over a new poster who has established no credibility for being accurate in such things and heard from a friend that DePaul might be interested in Tubby. On top of that, the reasons that were cited for Tubby looking at DePaul were stretching at best.

If these kind of "opinions" are going to be the norm for these newbies from Indiana, then they're going to get called out. As it is, most of what they have brought to the table hasn't amounted to much so far. If that changes then we can talk. But right now, I don't see how these kind of points are supposed to be taken seriously when the odds of such things happening are between 0-5 percent or less.

For the record, I've never called anyone an idiot. On top of that, all I've noticed about the two new posters from Indiana that have arrived lately is that they make completely outlandish suggestions (Iverson should transfer to a D2 school), and think that an unfounded rumor heard through heresay counts as fact (Tubby looking at the DePaul job).

If you want my explanations of why I disagree with such things, here goes:

1. Iverson is only a sophomore. Whether he's progressed or regressed isn't the point. The point is that he's a sophomore. In other words, he's got two more years left, which means that he's got two more years to still play and improve. So no, I don't see the point in saying "he needs to be playing D2 ball." In fact, that's a rather trollish statement to make, so if it gets called out, so be it.

2. In regards to the DePaul job, Tubby has said many times how much he likes Minnesota and has gone as far as to say he's not interested in any other jobs. Taking that into account, I'll take his previous statements as fact anytime over a new poster who has established no credibility for being accurate in such things and heard from a friend that DePaul might be interested in Tubby. On top of that, the reasons that were cited for Tubby looking at DePaul were stretching at best.

If these kind of "opinions" are going to be the norm for these newbies from Indiana, then they're going to get called out. As it is, most of what they have brought to the table hasn't amounted to much so far. If that changes then we can talk. But right now, I don't see how these kind of points are supposed to be taken seriously when the odds of such things happening are between 0-5 percent or less.

MRJ, I appreciate you cleaning up your responses and your willingness to have a reasonable debate on the issues instead of those Gestapo tactics your gang was using:

1. Iverson: To me it just seems he is over matched right now. Unlike M2S I don't think he should transfer to D2, but I do acknowledge he is in over his head, so if he chose to go to a D2 school would not surprise me, nor would it hurt us much. Iverson needs to step it up or it might be best for him and his career to go play at a D2 school.

2. Tubby to DePaul - Tubby said the same thing about all his other coaching jobs as well and look where he is. I hope he does not leave, I like Tubby. My inside information suggested that DePaul was courting Tubby. You don't have to believe it, but don't be surprised if Tubby leaves to another school, possibly even DePaul. Things are unraveling here at MN for Tubby. The fans are starting to turn on him, Maturi is a hard line ideologue, and his players are starting to fall apart (Iverson, Nolen, Trevor M, White)

3. If you are going to "Call us out" and be racists against people from Indiana , do it with the facts as you see them and not Gestapo style tactics of name calling, racism, harassment, belittlement, and cyber-bullying. If you can do this, then I'm sure we will have some good spirited discussions for years to come, perhaps we will be able to change a mind or two. Who knows, someday maybe we will both wear Rose colored glasses.

4. Don't get upset because someone like m2S predicted the loss to Indiana and your gang did not. I know that loss hurt, was shocking, but give credit where credit is due.

MRJ, I cannot address the issue of Tubby going to DePaul....as you said it is probably an unfounded report, that was not my post.
Regarding Iverson, I don't know him personally. However, I hear he is a great kid, we can see he works hard and hussels on the court,however, I have not seen any improvement. Futhermore, watching him, I am not sure he has the raw skill to become an impact BIG TEN player. He is slow,he has terrible hands (you cannot coach to imporve those attributes) he makes poor basketball decisions (makes me question his BB Instincts)and he has a hard time finishing close to the rim.
Contrast his development with Sampson. When you have the RAW talent like Sampson and Williams, you will see them improve. The reason I suggested Colton should transfer to a D2 school is that it might be the best thing for him! He could be a STUD in a D2 program and have more fun enjoying a game he has loved since he was a little kid. Wasn't Travis Bush cut out of the same mold as Iverson? WHere did he go?

OH and by the way, I am a history buff and John Dillinger used to hang out in Beverly Shores, Indiana, he escaped from a jail in this town. I actually Live in Los Angeles area, Marina Del Rey. To make you all happy, so you can focus on hoops, I will change my location!

MRJ, I appreciate you cleaning up your responses and your willingness to have a reasonable debate on the issues instead of those Gestapo tactics your gang was using:

1. Iverson: To me it just seems he is over matched right now. Unlike M2S I don't think he should transfer to D2, but I do acknowledge he is in over his head, so if he chose to go to a D2 school would not surprise me, nor would it hurt us much. Iverson needs to step it up or it might be best for him and his career to go play at a D2 school.

2. Tubby to DePaul - Tubby said the same thing about all his other coaching jobs as well and look where he is. I hope he does not leave, I like Tubby. My inside information suggested that DePaul was courting Tubby. You don't have to believe it, but don't be surprised if Tubby leaves to another school, possibly even DePaul. Things are unraveling here at MN for Tubby. The fans are starting to turn on him, Maturi is a hard line ideologue, and his players are starting to fall apart (Iverson, Nolen, Trevor M, White)

3. If you are going to "Call us out" and be racists against people from Indiana , do it with the facts as you see them and not Gestapo style tactics of name calling, racism, harassment, belittlement, and cyber-bullying. If you can do this, then I'm sure we will have some good spirited discussions for years to come, perhaps we will be able to change a mind or two. Who knows, someday maybe we will both wear Rose colored glasses.

No problem. I like having differing viewpoints, although I prefer to keep them within the realm of reason.

1. As for Iverson, I'm not sure it's so much overmatched as it is he's thinking about things too much. I've noticed that with athletes that have "sophomore slumps", they tend to start over-thinking things a bit. He just needs to continue to cut it loose and just play. It's kind of similar to what Blake went through last year in a way. So, I'll hang in there with Colton for the duration.

2. In regards to Tubby, I would be shocked if he went to a place like DePaul. Would I be shocked if he went somewhere higher profile? Not at all. But one difficult year where the team is currently sitting at 12-6 and 3-3 (as of now anyway) doesn't suggest to me that "the program is unraveling" and that he's on his way out of town. If you feel that way, then fine, but we went through this whole scenario with Virginia last year with some posters even all but stating as fact that he was gone. Yet through it all, Tubby continued to say how much he liked Minnesota and how we wasn't looking for another job. And what do you know? He's still our coach. So you'll excuse me if I take the man at his word.

As for the fans, I have yet to hear the fans at Williams Arena turn on Tubby in anyway, shape or form. And I think that's because we've been through actual situations where the program was unraveling (ie. Monson, Clemgate). So while this season has been disappointing, it certainly doesn't count as unraveling in many fans eyes. You may be correct, but I just happen to disagree.

3. I would never call someone an idiot unless I was absolutely sure (and even then, I would hesitate). And I'm not "racist" against anyone, whether they are from Indiana, Minnesota or Figi. I've simply noticed that there are a lot of "interesting" posts coming from these two particular folks from Indiana. It may be circumstantial, or even a bit ironic, but it is a curious development. Anyhow, I enjoy a good debate as much as the next guy, so I'm more than willing to discuss things. As for others on this board, their approach might be, and often is, different. ;)

MRJ, I cannot address the issue of Tubby going to DePaul....as you said it is probably an unfounded report, that was not my post.
Regarding Iverson, I don't know him personally. However, I hear he is a great kid, we can see he works hard and hussels on the court,however, I have not seen any improvement. Futhermore, watching him, I am not sure he has the raw skill to become an impact BIG TEN player. He is slow,he has terrible hands (you cannot coach to imporve those attributes) he makes poor basketball decisions (makes me question his BB Instincts)and he has a hard time finishing close to the rim.
Contrast his development with Sampson. When you have the RAW talent like Sampson and Williams, you will see them improve. The reason I suggested Colton should transfer to a D2 school is that it might be the best thing for him! He could be a STUD in a D2 program and have more fun enjoying a game he has loved since he was a little kid. Wasn't Travis Bush cut out of the same mold as Iverson? WHere did he go?

OH and by the way, I am a history buff and John Dillinger used to hang out in Beverly Shores, Indiana, he escaped from a jail in this town. I actually Live in Los Angeles area, Marina Del Rey. To make you all happy, so you can focus on hoops, I will change my location!

I agree with you on a couple of things, namely that Colton doesn't have the best pair of hands in the world. As for the basketball instincts thing, I'm beginning to think that he is over-thinking things big time. When he just cuts it loose, he seems to be at his best. But lately, he's been tentative and I attribute it to complicating things for himself too much. Since he's a sophomore, I'm still willing to wait it out and see where he goes from here.

As for the comparison to Busch, it's a tough one because they played completely different positions. And when Busch transferred, it wasn't to a D2 school, it was to Colorado State.

As for the whole Beverly Shores versus Bensonville and other locations in Indiana debate, I'm just an innocent bystander. ;)

Missed-layup;172559You are seeing black Hellicopters again. .[/QUOTE said:
I'm just glad someone else see them. I was starting to freakout.

As for the whole Beverly Shores versus Bensonville and other locations in Indiana debate, I'm just an innocent bystander. ;)
It's now "Marina Del Rey." This guy has the ability to move across the country in less than an hour. It's incredible!

I changed my location to where I actually live so all you folks can focus on basketball and not major in the minors. It is amazing to me how some of you seek to find TROLLs and not focus on content. If someone happens to disagree you automatically assume something sinister and they are trying to cause trrouble. Does that cld weather cause Paranoia? It didn't when I lived there.....

This whole business about going to DePaul is ridiculous. He didn't turn down a much better job and $3 million + from UVa to end up in DePaul one year later. Unless he's had some sort of major falling out with Maturi, I don't see him leaving, except maybe to a place like Maryland. And if he HAS had a major falling out with Maturi, Pres. Brunicks should take care of that situation by send old Joel down the road.

This whole business about going to DePaul is ridiculous. He didn't turn down a much better job and $3 million + from UVa to end up in DePaul one year later. Unless he's had some sort of major falling out with Maturi, I don't see him leaving, except maybe to a place like Maryland. And if he HAS had a major falling out with Maturi, Pres. Brunicks should take care of that situation by send old Joel down the road.

A lot has changed in a year and the VA job is not open. For some reason DePaul feels they have a shot at Tubby. I agree it likely won't happen but you never know. They think it can in DePaul.

A lot has changed in a year and the VA job is not open. For some reason DePaul feels they have a shot at Tubby. I agree it likely won't happen but you never know. They think it can in DePaul.

Maybe they do. If so, they're dillusional. You'll excuse me if I doubt you have any real sources on this.

No the UVa job is not open, but many jobs that are 10x better then DePaul will open up between now and April. If Tubby wants to leave, he'll certainly have opportunities to do so at places far better then the dregs of the Big East.

Top Bottom