From a fan who sold his tickets......

began11

GOPHER11
Reaction score
I say congrats to all of the true Gopher fans who showed up at the Bank yesterday to brave the vile Pigs and weather. I felt a huge sense of guilt and remorse as I lay on my couch watching the players and fans run around the field. I gave up on the team and I have to say that I got what I deserved. You will all be happy to hear that I sold my tickets to Gopher fans and not Pigs. Go Gophers and thank you to the true Gopher fans that braved the elements and worst opposing fans ever. I have learned my lesson....just go to the freaking game because you never know what great memories will come of it! Finally, a suggestion to all Gopher Fans to do the same: My friends and I DVR'd the game so on Jan 1st we are going to all get together and watch our "Bowl" game over and over again. GO GOPHERS!!!

No Harm Done

I say congrats to all of the true Gopher fans who showed up at the Bank yesterday to brave the vile Pigs and weather. I felt a huge sense of guilt and remorse as I lay on my couch watching the players and fans run around the field. I gave up on the team and I have to say that I got what I deserved. You will all be happy to hear that I sold my tickets to Gopher fans and not Pigs. Go Gophers and thank you to the true Gopher fans that braved the elements and worst opposing fans ever. I have learned my lesson....just go to the freaking game because you never know what great memories will come of it! Finally, a suggestion to all Gopher Fans to do the same: My friends and I DVR'd the game so on Jan 1st we are going to all get together and watch our "Bowl" game over and over again. GO GOPHERS!!!

It's not like you "murdered" someone and have been charged is it?

Obviously, life is full of lessons for all of us.

I was feeling the same disappointment thing, you were prior to the game and actually thought about trying to "dump" my seats (season tickets) for this game!

I drove into the Twin Cities from outstate Minnesota and kept thinking perhaps this game was a complete waste of time?

Great idea to DVR the game! I did not and wished I would have done this now.

Hang on to those season tickets...perhaps better days are coming?

Big 10 network is going to replay this game tonight at 10:30 for those who would like to dvr it... i just set mine.

It was an emotional scene. These guys, the seniors,
- never won a trophy game
- were on the wrong end of 49-0
- never won a bowl game
- lost their coach
- had both an offensive and defensive coordinator quit on them after a year

I was so happy for them. I took my boss to the game, a hawkeye fan. He was very gracious when I told him I wanted to stick around and watch a little of the celebration and sing the rouser.

For those who weren't there, Iowa inexplicably called timeout with 30 seconds left and made he gophers run one last play (maybe to get their gear off of the bench and out of the way of the gophers?). It worked out in the end however because the first time the gophers didn't know where Floyd was. After the timeout the whole team streamed toward the east end of the Iowa ben h to claim their prize. The PA over the last minute of the game was playing recorded pig snorting noises. What a great scene.

Top Bottom