Friday night lights

Reaction score
So, my wife and i were watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix last night. I know its not the greatest thing on TV, but its ok....

Anyways, Mike Leach makes a cameo early in season 4. He goes into this big speech to the main character coach about being a pirate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7tXx1ZP7g

What a fruitcup...

Oh yeah, and it looks like Maryland is hiring him today.

So, my wife and i were watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix last night. I know its not the greatest thing on TV, but its ok....

Anyways, Mike Leach makes a cameo early in season 4. He goes into this big speech to the main character coach about being a pirate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7tXx1ZP7g

What a fruitcup...

Oh yeah, and it looks like Maryland is hiring him today.

you are nuts. Best show on TV. sad to see it end in a few weeks

Agreed with pel76. FNL is one of the best drama's I have ever seen. It is critically acclaimed and there is a reason why NBC stuck with the series despite lackluster ratings, which has baffled the critics that the ratings never picked up. Every person that I have recommended the show to has fallen in love with it. It's much more than just a football show, and for anyone that lived in a small town, you'll be able to relate to much of the series. The acting is fantastic (note, multiple award nominations) and quite a few of the actors have gone on to other successful shows.

Go Dillon East!!

I really like FNL, but i have never heard of anyone say much about the show. I find some of the storyline stuff to be a little predictable, though. There are couple things that i find unbelieveable though. One, in the first couple seasons they imply that some of the kids (Riggins and Lyla) are upperclassmen. Riggins (sophmore) is best friends with Street (senior) and Garrity (sophmore) is the head cheerleader? I guess its possible, but not probable. Sort of the same thing with Landry. Two, in season 4, the grass on the field at Dillon East is a mess. Brown and patchy, but by midseason it has gotten progressively better and is now green and lush? C'mon! Once you get past those, i really like it.

I just found it on netflix a month or so and am about halfway through season 4.

If you like this, try The Wire. Its an HBO show that got great reviews but no ratings. It lasted about 5 seasons and is out on DVD and on netflix. Really good show, but rough language...not for kids.

I have only watched the first 2 seasons and the last season (can't find the current one on Comcast though) and really like it. I'm hoping to get a couple seasons for Christmas to get my football itch scratched over the winter. I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys football, great show but I think it was in a poor timeslot on NBC. Tough for the college(ish) crowd to dedicate primetime Friday night to tv.

FNL is a great show, I wish it wasn't ending.

This is so a great show. I remember when my brother showed me the first episode of the first season at my house 2 years ago. I sat inside the whole day and watched 8 stright episodes. Sense I dont have time time to watch it on friday nights i always go online and stream it somewhere.
GREATEST SHOW IN THE WORLD IMHO.

Top Bottom