Freshmen Wide Receivers

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Did we burn any of the redshirts on all the true freshmen wide receivers we have? I haven't heard the name of one of them called once this year during a game. Granted, no one was called today...

Did we burn any of the redshirts on all the true freshmen wide receivers we have? I haven't heard the name of one of them called once this year during a game. Granted, no one was called today...

On the KFAN post game show it sounded like they were under the impression that Jerry wants to keep the redshirts on our freshmen receivers.

I saw that Melvin Holland and Jerry Gibson dressed for the game but neither got in the game. Isaiah Gentry wasn't dressed. If any of the 4 play this year it will probably only be one, with that guy being Holland.

It really makes no sense to me how we can burn the shirts off of some of the least talented guys like from some our deepest position group like Brandon Lingen yet the we can’t pull the shirt off of some of our most talented recruits from some of our thinner positions. Melvin Holland was the one guy I was positive that wasn’t going to RS.

It really makes no sense to me how we can burn the shirts off of some of the least talented guys like from some our deepest position group like Brandon Lingen yet the we can’t pull the shirt off of some of our most talented recruits in one our our thinner positions. Melvin Holland was the only guy I was positive that wasn’t going to RS.

Well, on the other hand you could argue that it would be insane to pull resdshirts on receivers in a game you have 50 yards passing...

Well, on the other hand you could argue that it would be insane to pull resdshirts on receivers in a game you have 50 yards passing...

That's my guess. Why would Jerry pull redshirts off of his prized recruits if he doesn't have a quarterback to get them the ball?

It looked like our receivers were getting open today. I don't think they were the problem.

Gibson is really put togehter I look forward to seeing him play; hopefully next year. Get Woli back in there what was with the five plays today if he's ready to play, then play him. Fruechte should NEVER see the field again he's a nightmare. Feed it to Jones, Woli, Williams, et al we're fine with receivers let's keep these other kids for later years.

Keep the kids on the bench, get Jones eligible, and bring a JC QB in to push for starting.

Keep the kids on the bench, get Jones eligible, and bring a JC QB in to push for starting.

Better yet, find a 5th yard grad student transfer. Like Joel Stave. That would be awesome.

I'd prefer we just develop one of our guys into a quality QB.

Let's wait til we have a B1G QB before we waste a season on our top recruited WRs.... otherwise,
were bringing them in to block for David Cobb...and it appears what we have can manage that.

Top Bottom