Freiermuth leaves Penn State

Urbandale

Reaction score

Kirk C hates TEs. That isn't up for debate.

It's too bad that he didn't enter the draft, but hopefully things work out for him.

Heck of a player against us. Responsible for most of PSU's gains as they closed the gap over the course of the game. Good luck to him.

So the Gophers elevates the TE Room after KC's departure, and PSU eliminates the TE Room after KC's arrival? Speaking of mirror images.

When I hear TE I think 2 words. Lied Balls. Possibly the greatest TE to play QB at MN.

I know these are mostly jokes but we can agree that Ciarrocca was a really good coach at Minnesota I hope? Regardless of his use of the TE, I hope Sanford can results that are on par with or exceed those of Ciarrocca.

I think it's smart for any player who is locked in as a 1st/2nd round draft pick to take advantage of not playing a 3rd year of competition if they have the opportunity to do so and remain eligible for the NFL draft. It's not great for college football, but it's great for the individual who typically has less than 10 years of pro football to make a living and 3-4 years of that income will be on their rookie deal. Get in to the league healthy and secure that 1st/2nd round money.

I know these are mostly jokes but we can agree that Ciarrocca was a really good coach at Minnesota I hope? Regardless of his use of the TE, I hope Sanford can results that are on par with or exceed those of Ciarrocca.

I think it's smart for any player who is locked in as a 1st/2nd round draft pick to take advantage of not playing a 3rd year of competition if they have the opportunity to do so and remain eligible for the NFL draft. It's not great for college football, but it's great for the individual who typically has less than 10 years of pro football to make a living and 3-4 years of that income will be on their rookie deal. Get in to the league healthy and secure that 1st/2nd round money.
The most I'm willing to give KC is that he might've had a good knack for play-calling. That in of itself is an art, that many coaches can never master.

I give him a thumbs down for his offensive scheme philosophy, but that is more my personal taste than anything.

I have no idea if he actually is any good at developing the skills of being a QB. Did Tanner Morgan succeed because of KC, in spite of him, or independently of him? My guess would be the last option. It's hard for me to believe that someone who has never played QB, at any level, in any system, would be able to develop the skills of a QB.

What he likely did do a great job of developing, was to teach TM (and co.) how to make the right decision in the RPO and teach them how he wanted his plays to be run. I'll give him that too.

Top Bottom